Prologue

Azarious watched his father shoved their clothes in the black duffel bag. Azarious stopped his little brother when he attempt to crawl up on their bed. His mother walked back and fourth.

"Ano ba kasi talaga ang nangyari?" his mother asked his father.

"I don't have enough time to tell you. Just pack your things and we'll leave this place as soon as possible. Her threat can't be true!" his father clenched his jaw as he zip the bag.

"Her? Threat? A-Anong ginawa mo?" garagal ang boses ng kanyang ina.

Isang matalim na kidlat ang gumuhit sa kalangitan kasunod ang nakabibinging kulog. His brother flinched and cried. His mother rushed to his brother and hushed him.

"Hurry up!" his father shouted. He opened another bag where he shoved his mother's clothes too.

Azarious held the hem of his mother's dress when another lightning flashed into the sky. "M-Mama," he called her with his shaking voice. His mother caressed his back.

"Come on! Come on!" His father lift him up. Isinukbit nito sa balikat ang isang bag habang bitbit naman nito ang isa pa. Malalaki ang hakbang ng ama habang palabas ng kanilang tahanan.

Nilingon niya ang ina at nakitang mabilis din itong sumunod habang buhat din ang kanyang kapatid. His head turned in front when his father halted on his track. He saw an old woman standing in front of them. He felt his father's body tensed. Ibinaba siya nito at mabilis naman siyang tumakbo papunta sa ina.

The loud thunder clashed into the dark sky. The harsh wind swept those small trees off the ground. The old woman's green eyes blazed with so much rage. Ang mga tuyong dahon sa lupa ay inilipad din ng hangin.

"Huwag mong idamay ang pamilya ko sa galit mo, Cythereia." His father's voice echoed in the dark night. He saw his hands tightened into fists.

Ngunit tila walang narinig ang tinawag nitong 'Cythereia'. Ang mga mata nito ay mas lalong nagliyab sa galit at pagkamuhi. Sa mura niyang edad ay hindi pa niya maintindihan ang mga nangyayari. Ngunit hindi niya maiwasan ang unti-unting paggapang ng takot sa kanyang dibdib habang patuloy na pinagmamasdan ang mga kaganapan.

The wind became even stronger as another thunder clashed again. His crying mother engulf him and his brother into her tight embrace while they are sitting in the grass. His father stood in front of them, like it will protect them from the wrath of the old witch. He sucked his breath when the witch's eyes focused on them.

"Katatakutan ka ng buong sangkatauhan. Mabubuhay ka sa likod ng kadiliman. Mula sayo hanggang sa asawa at mga anak mo, pandidirihan kayo ng lahat at iilagan. Mararanasan ng buo mong pamilya kung paano kutyain dahil sa panlabas n'yong anyo!"

His father fell on the ground. He clenched his fists, curled in the ground and screamed in so much pain. Tuluyan silang nabitawang magkapatid ng ina ng maging ito ay humandusay din sa lupa katulad ng ama. He rushed to his brother when he let out an ear shattering scream.

"Stop! Stop! Please, stop hurting them! Please!" He pleaded to the witch but she did not spare him even a single glance to hear his plea. His eyes covered with tears while pleading.

"Magtatago kayo sa kasulok-sulukan. Kahit kayo mismo ay hindi n'yo maaatim na tignan sa salamin ang inyong mga sarili!"

Her last words was accompanied by a series of terrible lightning and thunder. The old witch stood still and looked at them without any hint of pity in her blazing eyes while they are suffering her wrath and curse.

There is only one thing on his mind while looking at her. Someday, he'll find her and will take his revenge. He'll make sure it will be worse than any revenge. He'll make her regret for doing this to his family.

-----

Cythereia - si-ter-ya