Dream or Reality?| Part 3

Part 3 of "Dream or Reality"

Summary: Continuation of Part 2.

Warnings: curse words, a bit of violence but I don't think it'll be considered angst. Horror-ish?. Weird me 🙄

Read this properly, alright bc if you think I've made an error in the plot, you ain't getting it right 😉😉 (except for grammatical ones, of course)

____________________

"Mom?" Morgan asked before slowly creaking the door open.
"What?!" Y/N answered, her voice hoarse. Her eyes were puffy and red, due to crying as her expression was blank, but it clearly explained the coldness in her eyes.
"Please, Mom... I need you in this... I promise, I just need you in this one." Morgan whispered.
"No! I had, had enough of you!"
"Give her a chance, babe," Robert said.
"I can't! I'm not leaving here. I need answers." Y/N said as Morgan nodded.

"Fine. I'll give you the answers, " Morgan said. "But let me in." Y/N sighed, opening the door and motioning Morgan to sit next to her, while Robert hugged her, kissing her forehead.
"Tell me everything from the start."

"It all started after you snapped. Everything went wrong. It was slow. Dad always had weird dreams about you, he wouldn't tell me... He kept hiding them from me. I found about them because Friday told me, but I never knew them. Besides, I thought he was kind of down since you left and he really loved you. He-He grew over-protective like he was going to see me for the last time and I found that suspicious because he wouldn't even allow me to go out, without supervision. Of course, there were other things as well. He'd always have an eye on me. At times, I thought he was just giving me attention and love to just... help me be a better person. Uncle Steve did tell me that you made him promise to take good care of me. I-it was normal, at first... But I saw him deteriorating, mentally. Then, I used to have these hallucinations of you. I started seeing you since I was 10. I had dreams about you. Then one day, Dad was going to the facility, and it was one of the rarest times that he'd leave me alone and the... the last time I saw him. He just disappeared, before that he handed me a paper. The last person I knew was you, mom. Please..."

"I... I don't know what do you want me to say... I mean-" Y/N got up from the bed and threw her hands up. "I don't even remember what I warned you about! I remember your father, I remember the snap, but this... Morgan, do you know what you put me into? This... This is already fucked up! AND NOW YOU WANT TO SOLVE IT?! WELL, SURPRISE, SURPRISE! YOU JUST MADE IT MORE DIFFICULT! ALL THIS... IF YOU WOULDN'T HAVE PLAYED WITH THAT GODDAMN PORTAL MAYBE THIS WOULD'VE BEEN EASIER! CAN YOU COUNT THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO DIED?! FROM THOSE PEOPLE, WAS MY SON, MORGAN! WHAT DI-"

"YOU LEFT ME, MOM! YOU FUCKING LEFT ME AND DAD!" Morgan cut Y/N off, as Y/N backed off by the tone of her voice. "BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING ELSE, KNOW THIS ONE! YOU LEFT ME AND DAD! I WAS ALONE! PEOPLE HAD EXPECTATIONS AND SORRY, I CAN'T COMPLETE ALL OF THEM! IF YOU WOULD'VE LEFT YOUR GODDAMN EGO FOR A SECOND, MAYBE YOU'D SEE ME AND THE SITUATION I WAS IN!" Morgan yelled before calming down. She took a deep breath in, as fresh tears brimmed down her cheeks.

"You left me... Dad left me... I was alone." She repeated, her voice cracking. "I was helpless. I didn't know what to do, unlike you, I'm new to all this... And all of you want me to be the best. I can't. You left me these... puzzles. You left me to ponder about them..." Morgan sniffed and looked at Y/N, whose expression was now soft. The same motherly expression she gave Morgan in her childhood. "You know, you were always my light, mom. At my worst times, I thought of you and at my happiest moments, I dreamt of you. I thought you'd love me back but I was wrong. Dad always told me that "Your mom does everything with love". Maybe I don't deserve your love." Morgan chuckled bitterly.