Dream or Reality?| Part 7

Part 7 of "Dream or Reality"

Summary: Continuation of "Dream or Reality" part 6.

Warnings: The very same warnings in the previous parts. Another PJO/HoO reference.

I prefer listening to "the lakes - bonus track" from Folklore while reading this series. I don't know why but the setting of the plot and the song somehow matches, even though it's weird af...

The song is above for those who want to listen while reading the series.

____________________

"You shouldn't go there yet, my dear."

A voice told her. Morgan immediately took it as a red flag. She pointed a dusty knife from the kitchen towards the supposed woman. The knife levitated and flew off rapidly, pointing towards the lady as if threatening her.

However, the woman did not faze. She pushed the knife lightly, with her hands yet it came back to its previous position because of Morgan's powers.

"Who are you and what do you want?!" Morgan demanded as the knife pressed the slit of the woman's neck.
"I'm here to help, you don't want to get rid of me, sweetheart." The woman answered however the knife pressed harder as Morgan scoffed, obviously, unimpressed.
"You know, you gotta have something better than that shit." Morgan retorted. "Answer or die." The woman rolled her eyes. What else could you expect from a Stark?

The woman sighed as she knew only one sentence that could remind Morgan of her.

"What do you see?" The woman whispered as Morgan shifted uncomfortably.

The knife slowly retreated but didn't back down. Morgan knew who she was... But she didn't trust her yet. Morgan took a proper look at the woman again. She was much younger, but much tired. Her eyes held desperation though her body language seemed to be calm. The nervous aura around her wasn't helping her at all.

"You need to hear me out on this..." The woman's nervous voice said. "W-We don't have time." She continued.
"What do you mean?"
"I need to tell you this one last thing before her." The woman answered making Morgan confused as ever.
"Before whom?" Morgan asked.
"You'll know when time comes. But for now, please..." The woman begged. By the tone of her voice, Morgan knew it was urgent. She gave a nod.
"Fine," Morgan agreed.

Morgan dusted the couch before motioning the lady to come and sit. The woman sighed in distress, not taking Morgan's calm and casual attitude lightly before sitting beside her.
"Yeah, so you were saying..." Morgan started but then she saw the woman's visibly annoyed face she knew nothing better than to zip her mouth.
"First of all, I need you to shut your curiousity the fuck up." The woman finally said in a stern voice. "It's killing everything." She sighed before closing her eyes.
"Don't you see what she's doing? She's playing with your home, your territory, your universe. Why can't you understand this? You're busy here helping her. She's playing with your mind." The woman explained.
"I don't understand..." Morgan whispered.
"Of course you wouldn't." The woman rolled her eyes. "While you fight for your safety, she successfully takes you off from what you should actually stand up for. You have two homes, she's making you divide to one." She finished.

It took a while for Morgan to understand. And when she did, realization slapped her right across the face. How couldn't she see this?