Chapter 36: Winter Romance

Tooru shivered before saying, "I hope it warms up on Sunday. Going on a rollercoaster in frigid weather would be tough."

"Just means we need to bundle up more if it does end up being chilly," Izuku stated with a shrug. Today's high looked at about 5° C, which was much better than the previous sub-freezing temperatures of the last week.

Power Loader yawned before saying, "You kids are crazy. The best place is on the ground, not being flung every which direction in a large metal death trap."

"Sounds like someone is afraid of heights," Hagakure stated before giggling.

"I'm not afraid to admit it. It's just not natural for humans to fly. So there's nothing wrong with having such a fear considering that."

Tooru jokingly asked, "What about those with flight quirks?"

The pro hero could only grunt at this statement.

Midoriya could only smile at the scene. He was glad the two were conversing as they hadn't talked much with one another. It was oddly similar to how Hatsume was around her mentor.

It was Christmas, and the trio was currently walking to the Hagakure household. Eraserhead had personally asked Power Loader if he would accompany the couple for the date, and he was happy to assist. Izuku figured his homeroom teacher had learned of his student's frequent visits to the support department at some point.

Hagakure pointed ahead as she said, "We're nearly there, sensei." Today she wore a red sweater and pom beanie with a white top. The rest consisted of a yellow scarf and gloves plus a black skirt and leggings.

"Not too far from the train. That must have been nice growing up," Maijima stated. He was wearing a black jacket with a hoodie and jeans. White gloves hid the large metal claws. It was odd seeing him without his typical headgear. It made his short stature much more noticeable as well.

"It makes these trips more convenient," Midoriya said in relief. He did appreciate the short distance walk. He was wearing a green camo jacket with black pants.

Once the trio arrived, the couple was about to walk in. However, they were surprised to see Power Loader take a seat on the bench on the front porch.

Tooru asked, "Don't you want to come inside?"

The pro hero waved off the concern as he replied, "I'll be fine out here. I don't want to interfere with family and all. Besides, a nap in such weather is quite relaxing."

"If you insist."

The two entered the household, and as they began to take off their shoes, as well as Tooru's scarf, voices could be heard from Mr. Hagakure's office.

"No way. He's here?" She then opened the door to reveal her ill-dressed father behind his usual computer and someone Izuku had never seen before. The dark-skinned man was sitting in a wheelchair beside the main desk and had a laptop. He was wearing an orange shirt with jeans, and a black jacket hung on his backrest. He had a buzzcut and was sporting some square glasses.

The stranger gave a soft wave as he said, "Ah, Tooru-chan, good morning."

Tooru quickly came over and hugged the man before saying, "Merry Christmas, Inoue-kun."

"Same to you, miss."

"Ah yes, that is today," the older Hagakure stated with a chuckle, never taking an eye off his work.

Inoue smirked as he said, "Men like us never let holidays slow our work down."

Midoriya walked into the doorway and said, "Uh, good morning."