Chapter 21: Convincing the Others

An irritated grunt came before Eraserhead said, "So let me get this straight. You want me to approve you and some of the other classmates to play team hero outside of school hours?"

Midoriya gave a nervous reply of, "Y-Yes."

The pro hero then asked, "And All Might is to lead this?" He took a deep breath before continuing by saying, "You of all people should know that he went solo for almost his entire career. Can you see how nonsensical this idea is when you consider this Midoriya-san?"

This was going as well as Izuku thought it would.

As Aizawa lead Midoriya back to his dorm, the boy had told his homeroom teacher of the plan he and All Might made. He thought, might as well ask since Eraserhead was here. Izuku already knew it was going to be a long shot. This was a very unusual request, and for the most part, the pro hero was by the book with most things. Also, Midoriya couldn't count how many times he had angered his teacher due to his antics, which would be a factor in getting his approval.

But the point Eraserhead made hadn't escaped Izuku. All Might was a solo hero. Sure he had a sidekick for a time, but he was never on a team. Midoriya had hoped that at least from being the top hero, his idol had been asked many times over the years to join other heroes during very dangerous or difficult missions. Sure it wouldn't be as much experience as someone on an actual team, but it should be enough to be able to teach about it.

"I know it sounds crazy, but I truly feel it would be best to carry All Might-sensei's legacy as the Symbol of Peace with a team instead of alone like he did," Izuku pleaded.

Aizawa slowed his pace before coming to a stop. He then looked back at his student to say, "It's not that I don't disagree with you Midoriya-san on that point, but the timing and method of which you are suggesting couldn't be worse."

The boy gave a surprised look before asking, "In what way?"

Shota sighed before replying with, "Look if after tomorrow's classes you still have the urge to do this then we'll talk more. Until then keep these crazy thoughts to yourself."

Midoriya took a moment to think this over. He was getting a chance, but what about tomorrow would make him change his mind. Did this have something to do with the internship he overheard from his classmates on Monday? With Izuku figuring he didn't have any other options he responded gleefully with, "Thank you, sir. I can't wait to go back to school tomorrow."

Aizawa turned around and began walking before saying, "We'll see about that."

Izuku was currently at his desk writing. Just minutes ago he had finished a home-cooked meal with his friends. Tenya, with Ochako's guidance, had made a savory vegetable soup for him and Tooru. And Midoriya enjoyed every spoonful as he had grown tired of all his microwaved frozen meals, besides breakfast, from the past few days. He was tempted to bring up what he had discussed with All Might to them all, but he wanted more time to think up of a game plan on how to tell them.

Tooru seemed to notice something was off and asked what was up as the others prepared the meal. Izuku only answered that they would discuss it tomorrow. He had already promised his girlfriend on Tuesday they would talk more about what had happened on Sunday night. Midoriya figured that would be the best time to tell Hagakure as classes would be over, he would have talked to his homeroom teacher, and by then hopefully come up with a plan on how to tell her about the team concept.