Chapter 12: A Long Day Amongst Companions

Izuku was walking towards Momo's mansion once again, except this time he wasn't alone. Mashirao was by his side, still groggy as always with each Saturday morning. Ojiro had run into Midoriya as he was waiting for the female officer to open the gate for him.

"Sounds like your afternoon with Hagakure-san went well," the tailed teen said after a yawn.

Izuku had just given a brief explanation of Tooru's visit yesterday as the two approached Momo's house. Ojiro didn't seem fazed as he was told about everything, but Midoriya guessed it was because he was still not fully awake. The green-haired teen cheerfully replied, "Yeah, and things should be interesting when I visit her place next weekend."

"You sure you're up to it Midoriya-kun? That's a pretty big step to visit your girlfriend's folks," Mashirao stated with concern in his voice.

Izuku breathed in and out quickly before proclaiming proudly, "Yeah, I think I can handle it!"

Ojiro switched his tone to be more serious as he said, "Man you are a different person than the guy I met back in April. You would stutter about almost anything when speaking about anything that was even remotely stressful, and your interactions with girls were like someone stuck in a room full of banana peels."

Midoriya now had his full attention on his tailed friend.

Mashirao then continued with, "Now look at you, you got a girlfriend, a great one at that, and you can handle stressful situations even better than I can, I think. Maybe I should have asked that we have the sleepover at your place now that I think about it."

Izuku couldn't grasp how to respond to the praise. What Mashirao said was deeply comforting for him, and he had no idea how he could follow up with anything in the next few seconds that would as meaningful as what was just said.

The tailed teen stopped in front of the gate to Momo's house, he stated, "It's okay if you don't respond. I kind of gushed there out of the blue, and I'm sure that is a lot to process at the moment. Your silence tells me enough." He then pressed the intercom, "Yo! It's Yaoyorozu-san's friends here for another day of valued learning. Mind opening the gate?"

After a few moments, a voice responded, "Must you be so informal, boy?" It was Yasumura, and his voice came off as being exhausted.

"It's just the kind of guy I am sir," Mashirao said after shrugging and hitting the button again to speak.

A short sigh came over the intercom before the head butler responded with," I suppose. I'll open the gate post haste, but please excuse the state of the manor at the moment, we have a lot of guests today."

This comment surprised the two teens. The pair looked at the mansion to see a large number of vehicles parked in the front. They had been so absorbed in their talk they didn't notice them as they walked up to the gate. Limos, sports cars, and mint condition vintage vehicles were strewn across the entrance to Momo's house.

With a perplexed look, Ojiro asked, "What do you think is going on?"

"No idea, but I feel we might finally get to meet Yaoyorozu-san's parents today," Izuku replied slowly.

After the gate opened, the two made their way to the house. As they reached the mass of parked cars, they marveled at the high priced vehicles they could never dream of owning in front of them. However, they were quick to be approached by a man in a black suit and cap. Izuku guessed he was in his mid-twenties. The newcomer then said abruptly, "Hey, step away from that car! What are brats like you doing here? That's worth more than you'll ever amount to!"

Midoriya could instantly tell Ojiro had tensed up and was prepared to say something to calm his friend him and the mysterious man down. However, a loud yell brought all three to a stop, "I say! Stop this immediately you! Those are honored guests of this estate!" Yasumura was on the steps to the driveway and quickly made his way to the trio. The butler looked like his usual self except he was carrying a sword at his side.