Chapter 8: Another Step Forward

It was Thursday afternoon and Izuku was currently taking notes from Cementoss's literature class. It was the last class for the day and it was almost over. Soon he and Tooru would leave for his home. Midoriya was still a bit nervous. Not about his friend coming over, but of her defiance to make a decision for Saturday. Izuku was hoping she would have made up her mind by now but no dice. Now he felt obligated to ask Hagakure what the hold up was. Sure Midoriya wanted to convince her to come but the reason why seemed more important to him at the moment.

The bell then rang. Izuku hadn't the time to put away his notebook before Tooru was standing beside him. With a voice of excitement, she said, "You ready?"

The green haired teen pleaded, "Just give me a second, would you?"

A grunt came from in front of them, grabbing their attention. They both looked to see Bakugo get up to leave and say with malice, "So annoying."

Midoriya sighed as he got up.

Hagakure huffed, "What's his problem? We literally only said two sentences to each other."

Izuku figured Katsuki was becoming further irked by his interactions with Tooru. The hot-headed hero did sit in between them in class, and even he could notice the change between the two. Midoriya wasn't in the mood to argue about it and just wanted to focus on his friend's visit. He put a hand to his forehead to rub his temple and said, "Just let it go Hagakure-chan."

Tooru could only groan in response as she and Izuku made their leave. Once the pair had exited the school, the invisible heroine spoke up and said, "So got a plan for my visit today?"

Midoriya scratched his cheek as he said, "Not really. Thinking back to last time, I liked just chatting in my room. If that's okay with you of course."

"Whatever you find comfortable is okay with me. But, I got another surprise for you once we get there," Hagakure teased.

Shuddering, the boy asked, "Is it a-appropriate?"

"Totally. It's fine, just like last time was," Tooru explained.

Last time involved you wearing a cheerleader's outfit and exposing that you lack panties while wearing skirts, Izuku wanted to say but instead thought. "If you say so," he sighed.

With sass in her voice, the invisible girl asked, "And what's that supposed to mean?"

"It was e-embarrassing for m-me," Midoriya whined.

Hagakure rebutted, "Despite not being able to see anything revealing?"

"Again it's the c-concept that makes me u-uncomfortable," Izuku tried to argue.

Tooru let out a groan as she said, "You're impossible sometimes."

The boy hung his head while saying, "Sorry. I'm still not used to people being so open about things, e-especially a g-girl."

One of Tooru's sleeves came to where her chin would be as she said, "Well, you're slowly getting better at it, so that I will give you that."

Now curious, Midoriya asked, "I-I am?"

Bluntly, Hagakure spoke, "Duh. You were a stuttering mess the first day we sat down and had lunch together."

He was, wasn't he, Izuku thought. This got a chuckle out of Izuku, which then Tooru also joined in the laugh as well.

The rest of the journey to Midoriya's apartment had him and Hagakure further discussing what happened at lunch that day. The topic at cafeteria focused on what everyone did during their week of the internship. Izuku briefly described how he came up with Full Cowl and the quirky nature of his supervisor, Gran Torino. Ochako talked about her combat training under Gunhead: The Battle Hero, which Mashirao was very interested in discussing with her about. Tenya was quite brief in his explanation, which everyone else understood why. He described helping stop a few hoodlums during his patrols with his water manipulating supervisor, Manual: The Normal Hero. Momo explained how she was initially inspired by being chosen by Uwabami: The Snake Heroine but felt she was just chosen because of her good looks to be used in the pro hero's hair product commercial. This got a laugh out of Ojiro, which the creation heroine didn't seem to appreciate. Tooru spoke of having a fun time with Ms. Joke: The Smile Hero. She described having learned some tidbits about Eraserhead from her supervisor, but wouldn't divulge into it for "reasons". Mashirao explained his time with Vlad King: The Blood Hero as being worthwhile as they captured over a dozen villains doing small-time crimes throughout the week. Ida was quick to ask why the tailed teen had wanted to intern under the class 1-B's homeroom teacher, which was news to everyone else but Yaoyorozu. Ojiro answered that he had randomly chosen him as all the pro heroes he initial wanted were already picked by someone else. This got Izuku to wonder if their own homeroom teacher had to be a supervisor last week, and to who if so.