Chapter 49: Bringing to Light

Important Note Before Reading

Oh hey, it's rare for me to do these at the start of the chapter but this is something you'll notice quite quickly upon reading this chapter. As you know I use honorifics for this fic and while consistent I think I should have changed it up some time ago. The main gang are still on a last name basis with each other (outside their respective partners) and looking back I should have advanced that forward to a first name basis after the triple date. I plan to go back and update all the chapters starting with chapter 39 (the start of the 3rd term) eventually.

Midoriya was having mixed feelings at the moment. Sitting in the hot bathwater his male classmates had prepared for him was divine. It indeed beat the awkwardness of his bath he had before with Hagakure. They had all trekked back for quite some time in the rain, so it was needed. Either way, it was hard to relax, however, with all the hustle and bustle of said classmates in the soaking pool. Kirishima was busy trying to have Bakugo "submerge" with him, who was having none of that. Mineta, Kaminari, and Sero were splashing with one another. Sato, Koda, and Tokoyami were speaking loudly to try and drown out the other noise. The only quiet ones were Ojiro and Aoyama; the former was by Midoriya's right side, and the latter wasn't in the pool but at one of the open faucets as he lathered up his hair.

Mashirao said, "Hard to believe anything is wrong in our country with how they are acting."

Izuku sank further into the water, covering up his shoulders. "Considering everything that's happened, I think it's good they are in high spirits."

"Must be making it hard to relax, though."

"A little, but they are happy for my sake. It does feel a bit weird though, considering how quiet it was during my downtime this last month."

Ojiro crossed his arms as he stated. "About that."

However, before he could elaborate further, the sound of the class president filled the room. "We could hear you all from the elevator!"

Everyone's attention turned to Ida, who had Shoji and Todoroki behind them. The former was still dressed, the others just in a towel.

"Oh, uh, sorry," Eijiro stated as he released his hand from Katsuki's head, which was partially submerged in the water.

Tenya sighed. "I can understand the need for us to celebrate, but let's not try and wake those already trying to catch some sleep." He then retreated back into the changing room.

Hanta shrugged as he stated, "Sleep? All the boys are here now."

Shoto walked over to the pool's edge and answered, "I think he means his girlfriend. He stayed behind with her as the rest of you rushed here. I surmise he sent her to bed."

Izuku felt glad upon hearing that. Ochako had adamantly defended his return to U.A. from all the civilians against it. They met the crowd just as they had gotten back. Present Mic and Best Jeanist's words weren't enough, so she took it into her own hands after grabbing a loudspeaker to argue his cause and all the other heroes. A few civilians also stood up for him, including Kota and the tall mutant quirked woman Midoriya saved from discrimination weeks ago. The boy had been deeply moved by it and cried harder than he could remember. It was still hard to believe that it only happened about an hour ago.

Sero cleared his throat. "Ah, well, he has a good point then."

The others nodded and settled down. Most went back to chatting or soaking in silence. Ojiro got closer and opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by the sudden appearance of Kaminari. "Hey, how's it hanging Izuku-kun? Must be nice to finally have a good bath after so long."