Chapter 14: The Comforts of Her Home

The sound of rustling paper could be heard in a nearly empty spacious room. It was Friday, so most of the teachers had already left their offices.

Except one, and it was Eraserhead.

The pro hero was sitting at his desk typing away at his work computer while Izuku sat on the floor behind him. He was surrounded by twenty large accordion folders that were filled to the brim with paperwork. For the last two hours, Midoriya had looked through all the permission slips, medical forms, and written plus practical tests for the semester of all his classmates. He was surprised that Aizawa was letting him see such things, well besides the permission slips. Izuku thought that medical information was confidential and that at the very least it was inconsiderate to look at his class's grades. He was tempted to ask Shota about it, but he was being kept so busy with the paperwork that he wasn't getting a chance.

Eraserhead had told him at the start of his detention, that at the end of the semester all homeroom teachers had to submit all paperwork for their students in individual folders. Aizawa, however, had been lazy about this whole process and never separated them by each student and they were instead still stacked by subject matter. So at the start, the teacher double checked if he had entered all the grades correctly. Then he made sure permission forms were signed and that the medical forms were up to date. Finally, Shota would then hand off the piles of paper to Izuku to separate into the various accordion folders.

Midoriya did his best to not look at his classmate's grades, but he couldn't help himself from occasionally taking a peek at their medical forms. He was able to confirm that Momo did wear contacts and that she was far-sighted. The glasses she wore during their study session turned out to not just be for show. But why didn't Tenya wear contacts? Especially with how often his glasses broke.

Either way, another tidbit Izuku found out was that Koji was a vegetarian. It made sense that Koda would have an issue eating animals that he needed to work with. Speaking of the large teen, he was happy that Koji finally came back to school today. He was quite nervous and it took some convincing from Izuku and Fumikage to get him to enter the classroom. Koda had been standing outside the classroom in the morning and was struggling to go inside. The two boys eventually got him to come in, and luckily it was still early as a larger classroom of students might have been too much for him. He still needed to thank Tokoyami for the help, as he didn't get the chance today.

After Midoriya separated what looked to be his teacher's assessment of each of his student's results from the Hero Festival, Aizawa said his helper could take a break. He reached down below his desk and pulled out some juice boxes from a mini-fridge. The teacher threw a juice box over to his student before placing one for himself on his desk. As Izuku took his straw from the packaging, he looked over at his accordion folder and pondered what his evaluation had been. Shota poked his bendy straw into his drink but continued to look at the computer as he said, "Wondering about what feedback I gave you during the Hero Festival?"

Izuku flinched at the question, which made his teacher sigh in annoyance. The boy took a deep breath before replying, "Yes. Just going from the pro hero draft picks it's hard to tell how well or bad I did."

Midoriya might have gotten praise from All Might about his performance but other pros heroes seemed to think otherwise. The draft pick results, which they received their first day back at school after the Hero Festival, was dominated by Todoroki and Bakugo. They got about 85% of them, which meant they received thousands of votes. Midoriya was happy that Ida got fourth, with 301 picks, and so was Uraraka who shook the tall teen to congratulate him. The heroine herself placed eighth, but with only twenty picks. But himself? He wasn't even posted. Only the top nine were, and at ninth was Sero with fourteen votes.