Chapter 17: Cooling Off

A mixture of anger and happiness.

That is what Izuku was feeling at the moment.

It was late Sunday morning, and the boy was making his way towards Tooru's house.

Midoriya needed some space from home, from his mom. Yes, it was a bit drastic for him to show up at his girlfriend's house unannounced but it was important. This emotion of displeasure he was having, he couldn't remember the last time this feeling directed at his mother. Not only did this involve Izuku's future as a hero, but also his relationship with Tooru. Both were almost brought to a halt, and this is what was bothering him so much.

Yesterday, U.A.'s principal had sent out an automated phone call and emailed all the parents of his school. Because of the recent problems with security for the students, as well as All Might's retirement, the school was making a drastic change towards being a boarding school. They were also told to expect a visit from their teachers the following day to go over the specifics and get written consent from their parents.

Izuku supported the idea, even if that meant he would be away from his mother for a while. It took some convincing, but eventually, Inko was okay with the idea. The younger Midoriya was, at first, afraid of not getting permission to go. His mom had made that clear from his phone call with her when he was still at the hospital.

...Izuku.

Do you really...have to go back to U.A.?

At the time, her statement really shook Izuku. He put off her statement because at the time he was more concerned about rescuing Katsuki. But when the boy read the email with his mother, he knew he would need to fight this. Midoriya felt that arguing that being separated from Hagakure would strain their relationship is what finally won her over. But in the end, it didn't matter come the next day.

Izuku didn't want to recall what had just happened earlier, as he was now standing in front of Tooru's home. He made his way up to the door and knocked a few times. The boy was surprised to see his girlfriend's mother answer the door. She looked just as confused as Midoriya did. Maintaining this look, she said, "Morning Midoriya-san, what brings you here?"

The green haired boy was quick to state, "Sorry for showing up without notice but have any U.A. teachers come by yet?"

"Yes, your homeroom teacher left not long ago," Hagakure said while opening the door more.

Izuku sighed in relief before saying, "Oh good. You don't mind if I speak to your daughter, do you? It's kind of important."

"I'm afraid you just missed her. Tooru and my husband left a few minutes ago to go jogging," the woman replied.

Midoriya found it odd that his girlfriend would be able to drag her dad out to exercise but he shook the thought out of his head to ask, "Do you mind if I stay around until they get back?"

The mother nodded as she said, "Of course, do come in." She led the boy to the dining room and motioned for him to take a seat. Hagakure then took a seat opposite of him and had a glass of some drink by her side. She cleared her throat and then asked, "This importance to talk to my daughter wouldn't have to do with the whole U.A. dorm fiasco, would it?"

Izuku was hoping just to wait until Tooru got back, but with her mother being this upfront about it, and because he had no idea how long it would be until she came back, he felt couldn't just say no. "Yes, ma'am. I'm hoping you and your husband were okay with it?"

The red-headed women grabbed her drink and gave it a sip before responding with, "Somewhat. My husband as always is okay with whatever Tooru wants. I had a different opinion of course." As she spoke, Midoriya could smell alcohol from her direction. He thought, what was she drinking? Hagakure noticed the change in the boy's face and stated, "Oh, don't give me that look. It's just a little wine child; today has been a tough day for me."