Chapter 3: Enter the Martial Arts Hero

Izuku was made his way through the halls of the school at the start of the day and was anticipating his next lunch with Tooru mainly out of curiosity. Who was her partner during the training from the day before? Once Midoriya found out his partner for the activity was Uraraka, it took all he could to keep his composure in front of the floating heroine that day. He had gotten somewhat used to Tooru's presence but Ochako he still felt nervous around. So he missed out on who was Hagakure's assigned partner. All he knew was that it was another male, like him. Midoriya hoped that whoever he was would be supportive in his plight in stressing out when interacting with Tooru. Especially, after what had happened yesterday afternoon. Tooru's blazing quick change to her honorifics when talking to Izuku and mentioning his nervous behavior as being cute put his emotions through the ringer. Was she just teasing again? Was it just a heat of the moment thing? Was she genuine? If so, why? How could him panicking seem cute to a girl? Were all girls like this? Or was this just unique to her? Girls seem complicated, is all he could conclude.

As Izuku's mind remained stuck on this thought, a hand was placed on his shoulder. A sharp but caring voice followed. "Midoriya-san is everything okay? Our classroom is the opposite way, and you'll be late for class if you don't make haste," suggested the glasses wearing Tenya Ida. He let go of Izuku's shoulder as he turned towards him. Ida then continued by noting, "Also, I don't know if you noticed, but you were breathing was rapid and heavy. You were also muttering something just seconds ago. Are you perhaps having trouble getting any sleep? Might I suggest some night time exercises that I do to help?"

While Tenya talked, it astounded Izuku how drastic a change his relationship with the tall teen compared to when they first met. The shorter teen attributed his actions in both the entrance exam and the first lesson with All Might to have considerably altered Ida's behavior when around him. Midoriya responded with, "Thanks for the concern, Ida-san but no, I have been sleeping fine lately. I-I was just r-remembering our t-training from yesterday. Um, so many things could have gone w-wrong during the exercise and I guess I was letting that thought get the b-best of me."

Tenya adjusted his glasses and commented, "Ah, I see. The idea of potential failure clouding the mind is indeed a frightening thought. But rejoice, in my opinion, you did exceedingly well with the training exercise. At first, I thought your plan was as hot-headed as my partner was, but yet again you surprised me and quickly allowed Uraraka-san to secure the objective."

"Than-," Izuku tried to respond but was grabbed by his speedy classmate.

Ida swiftly explained, "No time for thanks, Izuku-san, if we do not hurry, we will be late for class. And that simply will not do for either of us."

Lunch tray in his hands, Izuku made his way to the desired lunch table. As it came into view, he did not see any sign of Tooru but did recognize a classmate that was sitting there. Izuku gave a soft wave as he approached and said, "H-Hello, you're Ojiro-san, right?

The tailed boy smirked and said, "Heh, didn't expect Hagakure-san's friend to be our newly elected Class President. Please, take a seat."

Izuku was still processing his appointment as Class President just hours before. He had only won because of getting four votes, out of a class of twenty. Sure, it was because most of his classmates only voted for themselves but it didn't seem earned. As Midoriya sat down, he noticed a plate full of food on the other side of Mashirao. Izuku then asked, "So, where is Hagakure-san?"

Ojiro replied with, "You just missed her. She booked it to the cafeteria as soon as we got out of class so she could get food quickly and be sure I made it to the right table. I got here a few minutes ago but while we waited for you she was fidgeting around a bit." Mashirao sighed, "Poor girl. She needed to go the bathroom during class but wanted to make sure I got to this table. Unfortunately, Hagakure-san couldn't take it anymore, and she went to a bathroom after apologizing."