Chapter 25: Training Begins

Izuku pondered as the blank gray walls of towered above him. He was both excited and perplexed at the current activity he was doing.

The hero team training had begun.

After dinner, they all suited up but were surprised that Cementoss was also there in Gym Gamma. All Might and Eraserhead said they required his assistance today and he was happy to give it. Aizawa started the lesson by explaining he wanted to get something out of the way before they could get serious about this training.

Cementoss then took out a piece of paper and studied it for a few seconds before kneeling down to touch the ground. Slowly, many walls started to raise up throughout the building's floor. As it did, All Might spoke up, "Today we'll be doing a simple one on one battle training with a twist."

Aizawa nodded as he said, "You will all be assigned one of six entrances to the maze that Cementoss is currently constructing. I will also be secretly giving you a certain color."

"Your first objective will be to find someone of the same color assignment. Once you do, you must fight them until we feel satisfied with the results," Yagi explained as he opened a box. He then pulled out body cameras and handed them out to everyone but Hagakure. The former pro hero then said, "We will use these to monitor your progress but to make this fair for Hagakure-san, she will be without one."

Tooru was quick to ask, "You mean I can go all out?"

Toshinori grinned as he answered, "Yes, it's what we want. Our desired result of today's training will only come if you all push yourselves past the new challenge we will be presenting you. So for that to happen, you need to be fully invisible."

Hagakure cheered and then proceeded to take off her gloves.

Midoriya noted at the time that since Tooru had received her new boots, she only had her gloves to tell everyone where she was during training. He wondered what she felt about having to hinder her quirk's effectiveness during most training exercises to prevent accidents. A question for later.

Izuku shook his head as he brought himself back to the present. He then took a peek around a corner to see if anywhere was there. Nothing, but there were three options offered to him. Right. Left. Forward. Midoriya's current tactic was to get as far to the center he could. He figured it would increase his chances of encountering anybody. By using the lights above, Izuku had been using them as a guide to making sure he was heading the right way despite all the twists and turns the maze was offering.

As Midoriya walked forward and took a right, he went over his attack plan. The corridors were thin; only about the width of three people standing side by side. He figured this would make fighting quite limited if it came to fists. The walls themselves Izuku guessed were about three meters tall, and there was an open ceiling. It would be easy to scale with his quirk, but they were barred from going over the walls by their homeroom teacher. Midoriya guessed this was mainly said so Uraraka wouldn't easily float above the maze to find people. Another rule was that they weren't allowed to destroy the walls to find someone and had to limit damage during combat. It was another indoor exercise to push the fact that collateral damage should be avoided as much as possible.

Just as Midoriya was going to take a left, as it was his only option here, Ojiro came from around the corner.

The two immediately went into a fighting stance. Izuku recognized Mashiro's position as the traditional Muay Thai stance he used against Neito when defending Koji so many months ago.

Ojiro was first to speak, "My color is blue. How about you?"

Midoriya relaxed as he responded, "Yellow."