Chapter 24: Looming Training

Rikido took a sip of tea before asking, "You okay over there Midoriya-kun?"

"Yeah. I'm just still adjusting to being back at school after everything that happened," Izuku responded as he laid down on his back on a couch opposite of his friend.

It was Monday night, and Midroiya was exhausted. He thought going back to classes would be no big deal after the raid, but classes felt different. Perhaps he needed more time to process everything, Izuku thought. But his date last night with Tooru had helped somewhat. Though there was still a lot to discuss. Midoriya figured it would be best to tell his girlfriend the details tomorrow, as he wanted to go to Sir Nighteye's funeral on Wednesday after school. But should he tell her to meet him after school tonight? Or maybe over breakfast or lunch? Or pull her aside after school?

"Well if you need anything from me just ask. I'd be happy to help," Sato stated with confidence.

Midoriya answered, "Thanks but I think I just need time if anything." He then sighed and stretched his arms a bit.

As Sato drank the rest of his tea, Midoriya looked around the common room as he wondered what topics the two could talk about. Mineta, Kaminari, and Sero were watching some TV show that Midoriya didn't recognize. Hagakure and Uraraka were happily eating some mochi that Sato had made earlier. Finally, Ojiro was currently rummaging through one of the refrigerators.

Eventually, something sparked in Izuku's mind, and he asked, "Hey how's that activity we're supposed to do with 1B going along?"

Rikido cupped his chin with one hand and gave a mischievous grin as he replied, "Oh quite well I would say. I should be able to reveal our plans sometime next week. We're only awaiting permission from the faculty to do this. They have a board meeting later this week, and hopefully, our request gets looked at."

Izuku got up into a sitting position as he asked, "What if it gets rejected?"

Sato chuckled as he answered, "Oh I'm sure it will be accepted. The class presidents and vice presidents from both classes already approved it."

Midoriya wondered if Ida and Yaoyorozu approved of this while he was away. Or had they just been tight-lipped about it?

Before Izuku could respond, however, Mashirao showed up with a glass of milk in hand and said, "Evening you two." He then quickly turned to Rikido and asked, "Mind if I talk with Midoriya-kun in private Sato-kun?"

Sato seemed a bit surprised at this and replied, "Oh um, sure. I need to clean up from making that mochi earlier anyhow." He then got up and left, and Ojiro sat in the same spot.

Midoriya then asked, "What's going on?"

"Sorry. I guess we could discuss this over the phone later, but I couldn't wait any longer," Ojiro answered sounding a bit exhausted. He then looked over to Sato before saying, "I'll apologize to Sato-kun later about me being rude."

Izuku then realized what he meant. Before this, he had been talking with Tooru, Tenya, and Ochako for some time. Then Sato appeared and asked if anyone wanted some treats and Uraraka immediately requested mochi, which he happily made. Midoriya and Ida weren't hungry, however. The former decided to go lay down. The latter was ready for bed and hugged his girlfriend goodnight before going upstairs. After giving the girls the desserts, Rikido made his tea and began to chat with Izuku. During this whole time, Mashirao was in the common room keeping his distance just looking at his phone and occasionally giving Izuku glances.

Midoriya then said, "It's okay, I kept you waiting for a chance to talk with me alone." He then paused before asking, "Does this have to do with Yaoyorozu-chan?"