Chapter 13: Sins of the Wealthy

Izuku awoke Sunday morning to find Mashirao still sound asleep and Tenya was not in his bed. Probably helping his older brother get up, he thought.

Midoriya then laid back in the cot to go over everything that had happened near the end of last night. He felt obligated to advise Ida after everything he did to help him with Hagakure on the double date, which felt like forever ago even though it was only about two months. Although Izuku believed in everything he said to Tenya, it still pained him to think what would happen if his relationship with Tooru were to fall apart. Sure everything they had done together had benefited them both, and even if their special bond ended today, they would both still walk away from each other with a good group of friends to come back on. It was the original reason they sought each other in the first place. It just so happened that their friendship eventually turned to love.

After giving a soft sigh, Izuku got up quietly as not to wake Mashirao and made his way out of the room after grabbing his backpack. Once in the hallway he found a bathroom to his right, as the door was open, and entered. After using the toilet and changing to a new set of clothes from his backpack, Midoriya put his things back into Ida's room before heading downstairs. As he descended the stairs, the smell of breakfast filled his nostrils. Izuku entered the kitchen to the sight of Tenya at the stove cooking, and his older brother at the dining table eating the last of his meal.

"Morning," said the older Ida in a cheerful tone.

With a single wave, Midoriya replied, "Good morning Ida-san."

Izuku's entrance got Tenya's attention, but he remained at the stove. He then said, "I didn't expect you to up this early Midoriya-kun. Is Ojiro-kun up yet?"

"Nope. And going from the last couple Saturday mornings, he probably likes to sleep in during the weekend," Midoriya responded as he took a seat on the opposite side of Tensei.

After giving a long sigh of relief, the younger Tenya said slowly, "Good, it's best that he doesn't see me like this."

The tall teen then turned around with a slight blush on his face. While he was facing the stove, Izuku could tell he was wearing a bib apron, but he couldn't tell much about what it looked like from his position other than the straps being white. However, after Tenya turned around his guest now understood his tall friend's previous statement. The apron's lower half had a checkered pattern, with patches of white and pink. This section was also frilled, in pink as well. The upper half just had a big heart in red and a white background. The words Ingenium were printed in gold in the center of the heart. It was Tensei's former hero name, but Tenya had recently accepted it as his own after coming to terms with himself after recovering from his encounter with Stain. Midoriya remembered his friend telling him of taking on the name a week ago at lunch.

After connecting the dots in his head, Izuku asked, "Uraraka-chan made that for you didn't she?"

The younger Ida's face went even more crimson, and he could only nod in response.

If Ojiro had seen this, it would be quite some ammo for Mashirao to tease him for some time, Midoriya thought. With a curious voice, he then asked, "When did you get it?"

"Last week," Tensei said cheerfully before taking a sip of from his mug. Izuku guessed he was drinking coffee, as he had smelled a whiff of it when he walked in. The older Tenya then continued, "I think the gift was to motivate my bro to keep cooking when Uraraka-san wasn't around. He's always been pretty terrible at it until she started helping him out a month ago."

Tenya crossed his arms, as he stated, "Well, your assumption is correct Tensei. Ochako told me to think of her when I wore it to give me the strength to improve."