Chapter 33: Unknown Horizons

"That's enough for today I suppose," Toshinori stated with a sigh as he stepped out into the cold with Izuku.

Midoriya looked at his mentor with concern. Did he disappoint him again? This new development seemed to stump the former pro hero.

"Calm your ass down No Face; he's right behind me. Ask him your damn self," Bakugo's voice erupted into the night from in front of the pair.

Izuku looked up to catch a glimpse of Katsuki stomping off. He didn't have much time to process this before being tackled by his girlfriend. However, the boy stood his ground and swung around to counterbalance the sudden momentum. He looked down to see she was wearing jeans and a white jacket with a hoodie, which was currently over her head.

"Evening Hagakure-chan. Sorry that we took longer than what I texted you earlier. This situation is quite complicated," Yagi said.

While still hanging on Midoriya like a koala on a tree, the girl responded, "It's okay. I couldn't wait any longer and wanted to come over."

"I am sure he will fill you in on the details of what transpired earlier. I would stay longer to help explain, but I fear the other faculty will start to worry about my unexcused absence. Aizawa-san can only vouch for me for so long."

The couple said their thanks before All Might left for the faculty's dorms.

Tooru let her feet touch the ground but continued to grasp her boyfriend.

Izuku gulped before asking, "So are you mad?"

"Was I mad after the battle?"

Midoriya recalled Hagakure immediately telling him, via a whisper, to go with Yagi after they shared an embrace after his round. He then scratched his head with a free hand as he answered, "No?"

"How could I be mad about something that even Yagi-sensei doesn't understand? He looked utterly clueless about what was happening during your fight. Besides, you're not in the infirmary wrapped like a mummy, so that's a plus."

Izuku chuckled at the last sentence and finally returned the hug. After a few seconds, they parted, and Tooru said, "We can talk as we walk back to the dorm."

"Right, but where to start..."

"Well, is this related to that spooky dream you mentioned you had this morning?"

Of course, that happened, Midoriya thought. As he slept, he found himself staring at the predecessors of One For All. Well some of them: four appeared quite visible, All Might appeared as an obscured outline of his younger self, and then two others that were just silhouettes. Izuku himself could not speak or move; his entire body was as a shadow. Only his upper face and right hand were normal. Then a vision of the past revealed the missing predecessor, the first bearer of One For All, All For One's brother. The scenes that played showed the future tyrant taking advantage of the chaos brought by the introduction of quirks and how he raised his army through the exploitation of his quirk-giving quirk.

I will offer a choice to the powerless.

Sinners will be forgiven.

I will grant that which you wish for.

You need only to follow me.

The final flashback showed an imprisoned One For All being forced to take the quirk, as All For One hoped it would recruit his brother to his cause. Before waking up, the first user turned to Midoriya and stated that he wished he could show more. By unlocking the quirk beyond 20%, more would come to fruition.