Chapter 37: Topsy-Turvy

The group of seven exited the Fujikyu Railway and were led by their teacher. Mount Fuji dominated the skyline as Midoriya looked to the west. Sure it was visible back in Tokyo on a clear day, but here in Fujiyoshida, they were nearly at the base of the volcano. It was almost intimidating how close it was.

Soon the entrance of Fuji-Q Highland stood before them. The structure was a mix of red, orange, and yellow with a flame design at the top. The centerpiece was a simplified icon of Mt. Fuji with a Q in the middle of it. The entrance was just outside the station, so not much time had passed. However, the group had stopped as Aizawa spun around in his tracks and gave a look over his students. Today he was wearing all white: shoes, pants, coat with a hoodie, and even the buff over his face. When Hagakure had asked him earlier what was with the get-up, he simply stated that the attire usually threw people off as he often wore all black. Either way, Eraserhead cleared his throat before saying, "A few rules before we start today. First, we do everything together. No splitting up to do different activities. Second, if anything is to happen, you gather up and wait for further instructions, which will be followed as if your life depended on it."

"Jeez, sensei, it's not like a villain is going to attack the park randomly," Tooru stated, waving a hand to dismiss the serious tone. She was wearing a white light jacket and blue jeans with pink earmuffs on her head and matching gloves.

Tenya spoke up and said, "While the possibility is low, it isn't zero Hagakure-chan. He is only looking out for us, as he is our escort today." He wore a dark blue jacket with grey fur around the collar and wore black pants.

"It's as Ida-san says. It never hurts to have a game plan if the impossible happens," Shota stated. "Anyways, just one last stipulation." His gaze became much more severe before he said, "No PDA." Hagakure's arms rose in protest, which also brought Midoriya's left arm up as well as they had been holding hands. However, her objection was halted by Aizawa as he held up a hand as he said, "They only attract unwanted attention, especially if it's three pairs of you."

"You're the chaperone, it's your rules," Ojiro stated with a shrug. He was sporting a light brown jacket with a hoodie as well as blue jeans.

Eraserhead nodded as he turned around, and made his way to the ticket booth.

"Traitor," Tooru said with a huff.

"Look, let's not blow this chance for Uraraka-chan's sake. It's her birthday. Besides, we are not all like you trying to sneak a make-out session with their partner at every opportunity."

Izuku almost wanted to speak up, but his friend's words weren't exactly untrue. Tooru had been quite affectionate since school ended on Wednesday. Not like in front of his friends but stealing him away mid-conversation a few times. He hadn't questioned it as it was a welcome surprise on his part.

"Regardless of that fact, I'm upset as it's unfair for the birthday girl."

Ochako came to her friend's side as she said, "It's okay, Hagakure-chan. I can always save such things for after we get back to the dorm. It's no big deal." Tenya broke out into a deep blush upon hearing this. She was wearing a dark brown jacket and pink scarf with a black skirt and leggings.

"Well, if you're okay with it, I guess it's fine," Hagakure sighed.

The students then joined their teacher at the ticket booth and paid for admission. They all got an afternoon pass, which was only 3,600 yen for the students, and an extra 300 for the teacher. As Aizawa took a sudden call, a few of them studied the map they were given.

Uraraka was the first to ask, "What's Thomas Land?"

Tooru answered, "It's for children. Some baby stuff and low-intensity anime-themed rides. No need to go there. All we care about are the rollercoasters."