2am

It was 2 in the morning according to the clock on the nightstand and, like most of the time, I couldn't sleep. So, instead I decided to go for a walk.

I took the key off of the nightstand and slowly opened and closed the door behind me to not wake Josiah. I have no idea where I'm going but I'm sure I'll be fine.

As I began my walk through the parking lot, I ran into a man leaning against one of the vehicles and smoking a cigarette.

"Excuse me." I said to him.

He looked at me and took one more puff from his cigarette before tossing it out on the ground and smashing it with his foot.
"Can I help you?" he asked. He had a strong and bitter smell to him. I hated it and felt a bit nauseous because of it.

"Can you tell me where the nearest convenience store is, please?" I asked with a slight smile to not seem rude, but I was actually very nervous.

Since I was still up I figured I'd stock up on more food for Josi and water.

"What do I get if I tell you?" he asked.
"Oh, I can bring something back for you if you'd like." I offered.
"That's not what I meant." he claimed.
"Okay, well, then what do you mean? I don't have very much money, I'm sorry."
"I don't want your money either, sweetheart."
"Then what is it? Please hurry and tell me, I would like to go get food before my friend wakes-..." before I finished my sentence, the man grabbed me by my waist and pulled me closer to him.

His smell was even stronger and I didn't enjoy it.

"You're real pretty, you know that?" he asked and I was trying my hardest to move my nose away from him. "Um...Th-Thank you, but I really need to go." I claimed.
"Go where? You don't know where the nearest store is remember?" he stated.
"Um...I'll find it, it's okay. Thank you though."
"Are you sure? I don't want you to get lost or hurt." He insisted and put a hand on my face while his other hand slowly slid down to my butt. His thumb stroked my bottom lip as he stared at it and I was terrified.
"I'm-"

"She's sure." I knew that voice. I saw the man look up and he slowly let me go. Jo took my arm and yanked me to stand next to him so hard that my arm ached.

"This your car?" Jo asked him.
"What about it?" The man questioned.
I looked at Jo. He quickly took the man's face and slammed the back of his head so aggressively into the window that it cracked. He did it once again and the crack was made bigger. He lifted the man back up again by his shirt. Jo kicked the guy's knees in so he fell to the ground and then slammed his head into the mirror on the side repeatedly.

I stood back as it happened then watched him squat down to the man's level.

"I'm gonna take her inside. If I find a single fresh mark on her body, I'm gonna come back, and I'm gonna kill you." he said in a voice that was so calm it sent chills down my spine. He stood back up and grabbed me by my wrist tightly then pulled me away.

"Ow, Josi!! That hurts!! Loosen your grip!" I exclaimed while we continued on our way back to the room. He ignored my statements.

He opened the door and slung me inside then slammed it shut and locked it.

"What the hell were you thinkin'?" he asked in that same calm voice as before.
"I was gonna go to the store..."
"AT 2 IN THE MORNING?!! BY YOURSELF?!" he shouted at me.
"I just wanted to get more food and water since I couldn't sleep..."
"Leyla, we HAVE food and water! That man could have done some terrible shit to you!" he yelled. He took a deep breath. "The next time you wanna go somewhere in the middle of the fuckin' night, you wake me up and I take you. Do you hear me?"
I nodded my head.

"Come here." he demanded and I did.
He grabbed onto my arms and checked them for anything then lifted my shirt and looked at my stomach and back as well.
"Okay, you're not injured." he concluded. "But you are a fuckin' idiot. Go lay down." he demanded.

"I'm not tired." I stated.

"What did I say?"

"To lay down."
He stayed silent and gestured to my bed.

I started my walk over there before he stopped me.

"Never mind. I can't even trust you. Lay here." he demanded and pointed at his bed. I walked to his instead and laid down. He got in on the other side but didn't lay down all the way, he had his top half leaning against the headboard and his legs crossed with an arm behind his head.

"I'm sorry." I said.
"It's alright. But I'm gonna put you on a leash." he said and I honestly couldn't tell if he was joking or not.
"Okay." I agreed.
"Okay? You'd let me put you on a leash?" he asked.
"If you want to, then yes."
"I should really teach you how to stand up for yourself. You're soft, princess."
"I can stand up for myself!!" I shouted and looked up at him.
"Yea, I'm sure you can."
"So wait...you don't actually want to put me on a leash?"
He looked down at me.
"Nah, I think I'd wanna put you on a leash." he stated.