Clubbing Time

I woke up in the middle of the night and unfortunately I was wrong. Josiah was wincing like he was in pain and shaking. However, he was still asleep.
I felt so bad. I couldn't get in bed with him, I was already here.

"N-...No..." I heard him say.

"Josi?" I called.
No answer.
He was still asleep.
Tears started to stream down his cheeks.

"Please...tell him to stop..." he begged.

I placed a hand on his chest. His heartbeat was rapid. I held his face in my hand and wiped his tears.

"Josiah..." I called him.
Nothing.
I began pressing soft kisses around his face.
"It's just a bad dream. You're okay." I told him. "Everything's fine."

His tears began to seize.

"You're okay, I promise." I kissed him some more and brushed his hair out of his face.
The shaking was slowly ending.
"You're doing fine. Everything's okay. It's just a dream." I whispered.
He was breathing softer.
I nuzzled further into him and tried to go back to sleep.

____________________________________

"Can we just...stay inside today?" I asked.
"What? Why? You always wanna go places." he pointed out.
"I know but...I don't have any more ideas and the only idea I do have, you won't let me experience."
"Is this still about the club?" he sighed.
I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.
He thought it was cute and snickered. "You really want this, don't you?"
I didn't respond.

"It's still a no." he stated.
"Fine then. I just won't speak to you until you agree."
"You know you can't do that."
I was quiet.

"Leyla."

Silence.

"LEYLA!"

Silence again.

"Baby..." he hummed.

Nothing.

He groaned loudly. "Alright! Fine! We'll go to a club or whatever."
"REALLY?!" I asked excitedly and faced him again.
"Yea, whatever. Stupid ass shit..." he grunted and went into the bathroom.

I heard the shower run as I excitedly went through all of my clothes to figure out what I wanted to wear.

...

Josi came out of the bathroom while I was still examining everything.

"Whatcha doin'?" he asked cutely.
I felt his wet chest and abdomen pressed against me as he rested his chin on my shoulder and looked in front of me at the spread I'd laid out.
"I'm trying to decide what to wear."
"I see."
He turned me around to face him and held onto my waist. I watched water drip down from his hair and the dog tag necklace around his neck.

"You had a bad dream last night." I stated.
His hands let go of me.
"Do you remember it?" I asked.
"Why do you keep asking me that? No. I don't remember it." He walked away to get dressed.
"Oh...well...would you tell me if you did?" I wondered.
He stopped moving.

"No."

"How do you know if you don't remember them?" I questioned.
He threw his shirt down.

"BECAUSE I FUCKIN' REMEMBER IT!" he yelled. "NOW STOP ASKIN' ME ABOUT SHIT I DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW! I HAVEN'T TOLD YOU AND I WILL NEVER TELL YOU! SO LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE!"

His eyes were red and wet.

I felt my lip quiver and my throat closed tight. I looked down at the floor so he couldn't tell I wanted to cry. I gave him a nod as a promise to not ask anymore.