Alexis

"Darrien. Forreal?"

I questioned to myself clearly because he wasn't trying to hear anything I had to say. Darrien was really just a friend that I made in my English course. However after that lil stunt Kemari pulled, Darrien didn't have two words to say to my ass.

"Darrien."

"Alexis, I don't what you have going on but I'm not down with all of that. It will never be that deep for me."

I kissed my teeth, "You know what? I'm good on you."

Doing wayyyy too much for no damn reason.

I shuffled my papers into my bag then grabbed it as I got up. I made my way out of the library. I sat down on the bench and sent a text to JeShae that I was ready to go. She was my ride since I didn't have a car yet. I knew how to drive but I just wasn't comfortable behind the wheel yet. It was some about it that freaked me out.

My phone began to ring in my hand, "What you want?"

"That's how you answer the phone for me now?"

I playfully rolled my eyes, this nigga. Fine ass

"What's up man?" I asked laughing.

"I'm about to pull up."

"Why?" I questioned him.

"JeShae with Chico, so she sent me."

"Where Kimora?"

"With Drako. Anymore questions?" He said smartly.

I huffed, "Let me know when you at the entrance."

"I got you."

He hung up and I went back to aimlessly scrolling on social media on my phone.

***

"You want something?"

"Some fries and a Oreo milkshake," I responded looking up from my phone.

He placed our order and drove up to the window.

"How was your day?" He asked as we waited for the food.

"It was fine until the bs with Darrien started and ended. He wouldn't say nothing to me all day and finally was like if this what you come with I'm not with that." I mocked Darrien explaining the conversation to Kemari.

He laughed, "Damn. Guess I helped you dodge a bullet."

I cut my eyes over at him, "How?"

He smirked, "How he was gone make it to tryna cuff if when he can't take a lil ass threat over the phone. That shit shook his scary ass."

"I told you already he was just a friend so cuffing wasn't even in the deck of cards."

He sucked his teeth, "Believe that friend shit if you want too. I ain't going for it."

"Whatever Kemari. You would know about that friendly shit," I teased.

He chuckled and was about to speak but the window opened with lady handing him our food and drinks. He passed me my milkshake then he reached in the bag and passed me my fries.

I popped open the milkshake, removing the top and took a fry to dip it.

"What the hell you doing?" Kemari asked.

"Eating my food. Why you looking at me like that?"

"Weird ass shit." He mumbled.

My phone rang and vibrated against the seat. I glanced down at it quickly realizing who the unsaved number belonged too.

"Who that?" Kemari asked.

He was so nosey but I wasn't about to get into it with him on it. I didn't feel like touching that subject.

"I don't know, wrong number. I guess. Why you worried about who calling me? Answering my phone and shit. Since when we got down like that?"

"Why you worried about what I'm doing?" He questioned back, "Get out my business nigga." He reached over lightly mushing my face to the side.

"If you wanna touch me, you can just say that." I said batting my lashes.

"What I told you about talking to me like that?" He asked laughing.

"What I said when I told you it would be my pleasure?" I asked back.

"Why you like this?" He asked. I looked over at him after dipping another fry in my shake. "Like what?" I asked him.

"You just so open with that shit."

Only with you. Had another nigga approached me on some shit like that, his hands and dick would be chopped off.

"It's fun. Let's not act like you don't be starting shit with me either so don't do that. I give yo ass what you give me," I shrugged.

"Nah, ion always start with you. You be starting with me sometimes."

"Okay so what's up? What you tryna do? Let me be baby mama number two." I said with a smirk.

Number two, number three, number four, and five shit. I would have all his babies and not think twice about it.

"Man, eat yo food. Play too damn much." He chuckled.

"Who said I was playing Kemari?" I asked lightly touching his neck. I smirked seeing him jump slightly. "Sensitive area?" I asked.

"Watch out."

He swatted my hands. "Here. Try one." I put a dipped fry up to his face.

"Hell nah. I ain't trying that shit."

My phone rang again as I popped the fry in my mouth. His lost. This shit was good as hell.

I rolled my eyes placing my phone to my ear and purposely cutting my volume down.

"Lil Lexis. Where you at?"

"What do you want?" I questioned crossing my arms as my phone was held between my ear and shoulder.

Kemari passed me an old pair of EarPods. He so thoughtful. "Hol' on." I connected the cord to my phone, "Okay, now what?"

"Lil Lexis, can you just come back home."

"No, I'm good on that. Bye." I hung up.

She had some nerve to even call my phone. I need to change my number ASAP. It had been months since I even heard from her.

"You alright?" Kemari asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I'm straight." I mumbled. I put the top back on my milkshake and sat the fries in the bag.

"Was that Darrien? I can find his ass quick and made good on my threat fasho'."

I wanted to laugh at his crazy ass but my mood wasn't there for it.

"Nah. My mama."

"Oh, well shit." He scratched his head. Shit was a touchy subject for both of us. I already knew that from shit me and Kimora talked about.

"Man anyway, what you do today?" I questioned changing the subject. The mood was getting too heavy for me.

"Nah, so what's up with that?- yo mama, I mean."

We pulled into driveway and he killed the engine of his truck. He placed is hand on the edge of my headrest.

"It's complicated," I said shifting my body towards him.

"Complicated how?" He asked as we locked eyes.

He held a soft expression. He genuinely looked liked he cared.

"Once she got out of rehab a year in a half ago, she started using again, and tried to pimp me out to her dealer."

I got out of their as fast as I could. Normally, I would go from couch to couch, stay here a little and there a little. I'm thankful as hell for my best friend, once I told her what was going on, she cussed me out, but opened their doors to me right away.

"Damn."