Kemari

"Be ready to go when I get there. I'm hungry as hell."

"I said I was taking Kemoni to eat not you," I spoke through the phone with my face scrunched up.

It was only noon and here she came with the extra shit. I wanted to take my daughter to lunch, bring her back here to see her auntie and uncle, and then maybe post up and watch a movie later with Kemoni and Alexis.

"You didn't say it was just her. So I thought it was an open invitation."

"No, I said when you drop her off afta' her doc appointment we was going to grab a bite to eat, come back here and chill. None of that says invite yourself, feel free to join us, or nun of that shit."

"Well I'm hungry and I'm coming with."

Are you slow or dumb or both because who invited you?

"Nah, you can go get you some to eat afta' you drop my daughter off."

I walked out the door with the keys in my hand seeing she was parked right next to me.

"That's how you gone do Kemari?" She questioned hanging up.

"It is. Ion know why you sound surprised."

"It because of your lil girlfriend?"

A brow raised as I looked at shawty. She was really kickin' shit like we was a couple or some shit and just broke up. She looking at me like shit been sweet. Like she forgot the only reason she still walking around here so freely all these years later cuz of my lil girl.

I wasn't a heartless nigga but cheating and stealing from me will get your hands chopped off and in the dirt 6 feet under somewhere. I learned to keep shit with cordial with LaNia and when I did do extra shit for her like throw some extra cash in it's always for my lil girl. It wasn't always this way and the shit was crazy as hell. At one point it was a time I never would've second guessed shit when it came to her. That changed a lot of the way I moved when it came to women. That's why shit with Alexis feel right as hell but terrifying at the same time. It something about her that I just need.

I kissed my teeth opening the back door, "Even if I wasn't with Alexis I still wouldn't invite you out. What's up Moni? You ready to go eat?" I said unbuckling her seatbelt.

"Daddy I go to school," Kemoni said showing me some kind of art project she did.

"I like it. Good job big girl. You did that all by yourself?"

"Yep. Ms. Renae didn' help."

I smiled picked her up in one hand and grabbing her booster seat with my other. I shut the door and walked up to the driver window.

"Tell mommy later, Moni."

"Bye mommy. See you later," she said leaning down to kiss LaNia on the forehead.

"Later baby. Be good okay? Mommy will come pick up after at night time," LaNia said.

"Okay." Kemoni replied.

I began to walk up towards the apartment holding Kemoni as we walked, "Daddy got to get his shoes and then we'll go eat, okay?"

"TT Mora here?" Moni asked trying to hop out of my arms.

"She not here right now, maybe she'll be back when we back."

"Okay."

We went, ate, played, and got back to house hours later. To my surprise no one was back yet and it was well pass 4 almost 5:00.

Where the hell my girl at?

I placed Kemoni down on the sofa who was knocked out after tiring herself out playing. I grabbed my phone and hit Alexis name.