Alexis

My ears began to ring as I stared down at the stick. Whooo. My hands got clammy and I felt eyes beginning to swell with tears.

"Lex, what it say?" Kimora asked knocking on the bathroom door.

I couldn't speak at all as I still stared at the positive stick through blurred eyes.

"Alexis..."

I huffed walking to the door. I slowly unlocked it and opened it. Kimora stood there looking at me with a look of concern.

"Aw Lex," I feel into her arms and balled my eyes out.

"What?.... I don't even..." I sobbed probably looking ugly as hell, "I can't be...."

"Alexis I know it's shocking but it's going to be okay. I promise. Kemari isn't like that."

Hearing his name made me cry even harder, "He said he was gone trap me. How I let myself go out like that?"

Kimora laughed, "What the hell? Girl... I don't what y'all be doing but you're going to be fine. You know I'm here for you through whatever."

***

I was in complete shock and didn't have a clue how I was gone tell Kemari. I didn't even know what I wanted to do. It was honestly too much for me to even process. My brain was fried.

I'd been avoiding his calls, his text messages, and everything all day long. I just can't muster up the courage to even face him.

He walked in the door busting in Kimora's room.

"Hell you got going on? I been calling and texting you all day."

"Nothing Kemari."

"We gotta talk Lex."

Those words triggered me, "Nah, I'm not even in the mood right now. Maybe later Bae."

I didn't even want to look at him as I rolled over. My face was gone tell it all before I could open my mouth to say a single word.

I felt a dip in the bed, "Nah I gotta get this out the way..." he began to rub my arm.

"It's a girl, I slept with months ago.. before we was together and... she's pregnant. The baby might be mine."

I rolled over and stared at him. Now he wasn't looking at me.

"A baby Kemari?"  I repeated slightly shocked.

"It's a possibility bae."

My head was swarming with questions. This shit couldn't have come at a worse time.

"How far along is she?"

"Bout 6 months." He responded.

"And who is she?"

"Just some girl. I swear!"  He became a lil more amped up, "I'm so fucking mad at my own damn self cuz how the fuck. Swea' if I found out that shit earlier, we wouldn't have this conversation... Even though I know we wasn't a thing then but shit can still fuck us up. That's a whole kid man and I ain't even ready for all that shit yet. Damn bruh." He got up and walked out.

I know he didn't just....

How the fuck did I let myself get in this damn predicament. He plain as day said he ain't ready for no baby and here I am. Sad bitch shit. I can't believe my fucking life right now.

My phone vibrates snapping me out of my thoughts and it's my brother Dre. I don't feel like talking to anyone at all right but let me see what he wants.

"Hello?"

"Lex, what it do baby girl?"

His cheerfulness was so nauseating.

"Not much. What you got going on?" I asked.

"Chillin'. Finally made it back to where I'm stationed. It took forever tho. Where Kemari?"

"Out doing something and that's good I'm glad you made it back safely. Ima have to hit you up later tho. I need to go do some. I love you Dre."

"Alright Lex. I love you too."

I hung up and just laid there. I was mad as hell at myself, at this situation, at the shit Kemari is talking. All of it was a bit much and it was coming too fast for me.

"You good Lex?" Kimora asked walking in the room.

"Girl... I'm straight. Where Kemari go?"

"He went out the door. Did you tell him?"

I shook my head, "Nah but he told me about some girl, who might or might not be carrying his baby."

"Excuse me? By the fuck who?!"

I shrugged, "Some girl."

"No wonder his was pissed. Y'all was arguing about it?"

"Nah not really. I was just asking basic questions. I guess he's mad at the situation and assuming I'm mad. I mean which I am because of what he said. If he knew about months ago it wouldn't be a conversation, how he ain't ready for a kid. Kimora what the hell am I going to do? I'm not about to a single mama and I'm not aborting another baby."

"Another baby?" she asked.

I sighed sitting up, "I was 15, ended up pregnant. Had an abortion. The doctor advised no sexual anything to give some time to heal down there. I was pregnant by my then boyfriend and my mama made me get it. Surely enough my then boyfriend found out about it and we had a huge fight literally hours after the procedure. That same night my mama owed a man some money and I was her way of paying what was owed.... I swore then I would never have kids and look at the fucking shit I'm in now."

I hadn't realized I had tears steaming down my face. I never told anyone what happened to me. That was the first and only time it ever happened, not even my boyfriend at the time. Anytime kids are even mentioned shit just takes me that to moment.

"Damn. Lex you got to remember you ain't in that same situation anymore. You're doing bigger and better things. I'm so sorry your mama even put you through that shit. That's sad as hell but you're nothing like that and never will be. I know you gone be a great ass mommy. Look at how you handle Kemoni. I wish I was there back then to help you cuz I would've shanked the nigga and we would've been on the run like Bonnie and Clyde together. Kemari was being a fucking hothead, don't listen to that bullshit he was talking. You got him and if his ass get to trippin' we can bury his ass under that ghetto ass playground back there. You got me forever through it all, shit I'll be yo baby daddy if I got too. I love you Lex."

"I love you too Mora."

"Now come on. You been laying here long enough. Let's go to the mall or some. I wanna shop."

I laughed getting up. I felt a little better getting shit off my chest but still it stung to even bring it up. The next thing to do was to tell Kemari. I just prayed that he would take it well and not trip on me.