Kemari

4 months later

"You love me?"

"Of course," I reassured her for millionth time today.

I had a night all set for us, some like a last hoorah before our son came into the world. This pregnancy experience was rocky as hell but we were almost to the finish line. She was excited but was still going through the motions. Recently, she'd been clingy and needed constant reassurance. I ain't really understand where it stemmed from but if she needed to hear me say it a million times, I'd say it a billion.

"Did you get my bag with the pink bear on it?" She asked.

"Yea and the tan one. Just relax Bae, I got us."

She went quiet for a second then gasped, "What if he decides to come early?"

I chuckled lightly at her dramatic-ness, "Then we gone do what we got to do my girl. It's gone be okay, I promise," I said grabbing her hand.

"How you know Kemari? This shit is freaking me the fuck out."

"I just do," I responded with my eyes remaining on the road.

"I need a nap, wake me up when we get there."

"I got you."

Just as she said, she was knocked out. It was silent as an hour passed of driving. We still had another hour before we made it to our destination. My phone rang booming through the speaker of the car causing Lex to jump.

I quickly disconnect the Bluetooth and place my phone to my ear. "What's up Mora?" I answered.

I heard a mix of sobbing and grasping and I couldn't make out shit she was saying. I knew something was wrong because Kimora wasn't the really the emotional type, at all. Shit had to be serious her to be in tears.

"Slow down, what happen?" I asked feeling my heart thumping against my chest. I clenched the wheel hard as hell waiting for her to compose herself.

".... We went out an-.... Keon start shooting.... Drako blasting with him and ended up getting hit... he's unresponsive..." She managed to say clearly before uncontrollable sobbing again.

I stopped the car and pulled over into the emergency lane. Mind running a million miles while I tried to think on what to say or ask next. I had to pull it together.

"What hospital y'all at?"

"HP Medical."

"Alright, we like two hours out but we gone head back that way. Keep me updated and ima be there as soon as possible."

"Ok, hurry Kemari."

"I got you. Ima get there as quick as I can."

I hang up and shake Alexis trying to wake her up.

"Hm..." she mumbled.

"Lex, sit up real quick."

She exhaled and leaned up stretching, "Whats wrong?"

"Drako been shot."

"WHAT? How? Who?"

"I don't know but we turning around."

"Where my phone? I need to call Kemora." She tried to move around.

She found her phone and as I pulled back on the highway. We got off the nearest exit and got back on in the opposite direction.

My mind raced as I tried to put some pieces together. Since LaNia and her friend funeral shit was quiet as hell. I ain't heard of shit from Tameka or her brothers since I last seen her. Maybe that was the problem shit was too quiet.