Alexis

I opened my eyes and rolled over. The sun was shining brightly through the window. Just as I was about to sit up, I felt the familiar urge to throw up. I jotted out of bed and dashed to the bathroom emptying everything that was on my stomach from the night before.

"You okay Lex?" Angel asked coming in the bathroom.

"Yeah just some morning sickness."

"Awww. You need something for it? I can stop by the store before I head to class."

I smiled getting up, "I'm good but thanks boo. But question when I head out for the day do you want me to just lock the bottom lock?"

"Yeah that's cool. Ima get you a key made too. I might just take Keon's tho."

We laughed, "Cool. I'll make sure I do that. I know I gotta go my school and see if I can take a leave of absence or some. This baby is kicking my ass."

"You gone be able to work? I know you was talking bout getting a job."

"I mean ima have too. I was doing the lil work study thing at school but since I'm bout to leave that, I don't have a choice."

"Ion know Lex, it don't seem like Kemari gone go for that."

If Kemari had it his way I would be in his bed with my feet propped up doing nothing.

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him."

***

"When can I start?"

"Next Monday. I can show you around now if you have time."

I smiled, "Yes please."

We walked around the store. The best part of this is it's part time and I get discount so my baby is about to be racked up. I was excited.

My phone rang as I stood outside the mall, it was Keon.

"Hello?"

"Where you at?" Keon asked.

"Mall. Why?"

"Why you ain't at Angel's? Who took you to the mall?"

"I got here myself and cuz I'm not. What you want with me Keon?"

"Damn Lex. I ain't do shit. Kimora told me to check on you sis so I pulled up to make sure you was straight."

"Thanks Keon but I'm good. I'll be back Angel's in a bit."

"Alright Lex, aye who you with tho?"

What part of myself was he not understanding.

"My baby. Bye."

I hang up to leave it up to him to interpret that as he pleases. But who was I kidding, he knew as well I as did it wasn't a baby except for the one I'm carrying. I sighed, I missed Kemari, even though he was giving me the cold shoulder. Kimora mentioned he was keeping tabs on me through her. He came to the last appointment but he was in and out. He asked was I good, he asked the doctor was that baby good and that was it. I was thankful he was still there but he was still in his feelings about me leaving.

It was like us under one roof was just too much for me. He was getting mad at me and I couldn't control the shit. Nobody told him to trap me anyway. Let me stop saying that shit but still.

It hasn't been long since I left. But in such a short time my stomach was growing, the morning sickness had its moments were it was heightened and others it was under control, my moods aren't changing as quick paced but still there. My cravings are weird and my levels of wanting to be bent into a pretzel were out of this damn world.