Kemari

"What's the plan?" Drako asked.

We sat on the patio and rolled one up. I ain't have an answer for him. I ain't know the answers to nothing. All I knew is I was ready for some blood to be shed. Some things you just can't come back from.

"Can't call it yet."

"Shit, just... so damn crazy man... never did I ever think bro would be the one to switch up. I always thought Chico was gone get sicka' us and do it."

I laughed, "That man been through hell bruh. Shit crazy."

"Let me hit," we heard coming through behind us. It was Jeshae, we spoke the devil up herself.

"Hell nah get yo own shit," Drako said mugging her.

"Don't be like that," She rolled her eyes, "Kimora hormones rubbing off on you?"

I ignored the two going back and forth. As I took my last hit, I excused myself and headed to the bedroom.

Lex held Jr close as the two slept. I heard heavy breathing and I looked over to my right to see Kemoni was knocked out. I huffed, this was tough. Mentally I was preparing myself for whatever would come. It was easy to prepare me but the challenge was with the three in front of me. How you prepare someone who depends on you to possibly be without you? I know I stressed the challenge with Lex from the jump but love overrides a lot of that shit. She'll go crazy if some was to ever happen to me but I'll let it happen to me before it ever touches her. Same shit for my kids.

I took my shirt off and tossed to the side. I cut the light off and then climbed in bed carefully, not to disturb them. I looked at Alexis as I eased down. Lex jumped as her eyes popped open.

"It's me, relax," I spoke.

"You scared me. You okay?"

"Yea," I mumbled rolling over to my side. Lex grabbed my arms and wrapped it around her.

"You're the tense one. You relax," she spoke softly rubbing my arm.

I exhaled deeply as if I was holding my breath since all this started, "I know. I'm tryin'."

"Lowkey I'm so ready for this year to be over. It's been so much stuff like enough is enough," she vented.

I agreed but just laid there without responding. The room grows silent as I stared at the ceiling as if the answer would appear on how to move next.

***

This situation had us all a lil stressed out, especially Kimora. As much as we all tried to keep her calm, wasn't shit working. She'd be good on second and ready to come unglued the next. I ain't miss that emotional hormone shit at all with Lex.

"Bae, ima go check on Mora."

Lex laid Jr down on the other side of me. He was sleeping so peacefully.

"Wait a second," I said grabbing her arm.

She paused and turned back around to me.

"C'mere."

She smiled as she always did when she couldn't tell what I was doing.

"Kemari, I'm right here."

"You ain' close enough my girl."

She leaned down over me, "Yes Bae."

I looked in her eyes and glanced over the rest of her, "You're beautiful."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. That's all I needed to say. You can go check on cry baby now."

She laughed, "Don't do that."