Kemari

I walked out the medical examiner's office. It was indeed LaNia.

Cross me one time shame on me, but twice nah.

"Lord I just don't know what that girl was into for it to lead to this." LaNia's mother shook her head, appearing more disappointed than sad.

She took some crazy loses along the way tho, including her late husband and two sons. Then to lose her daughter too. Such a shame.

My mental was somewhere else lately. I haven't said two words to Lex. I was keeping tabs on her through Kimora throughout the day. I knew eventually I would have to say something but for now it was best I remained silent.

"Are you okay with Kemoni spending the night again? She keeps me busy and with all this I love the distraction."

I nodded my head, "Yeah that's fine. I'll come by tomorrow sometime and pick her up. Call me if you need anything. You're my baby girl grandma so you always gone be like family."

"Thank you Kemari and congratulations too on your newest baby."

I smirked, "Thank you. Everybody say it's a boy this time. Ion know tho. I'm straight wit' whatever."

"It's a blessing. I know how you and LaNia started out. She let her crazy ways get in the way of that. You've been happy, keep that. Don't let anything get in the way of that."

***

I sighed walking into the hotel room. I was really tired of living outta it but this was it for now.

"Dre you know it wasn't even like that. He said you gave him my number...... I never had his kid and I told him that the same day I met up with him...... I don't really care about how he feels..... Andre you really standing ten toes on that man.... I understand that but I ain't tell him to pull any trigger..."

My ears felt like that perked up all the way then.

"Okay and he decided to do that. I don't owe him a thing... I been said it way back when he was getting tried on that I was good on him.... You thought I was bout to have baby by him, oh hell nah...... You know what-," she gets quiet then kissed her teeth, "I'm so over every fucking body man."

"What he talkin bout?" Kimora asked. I forgot her duck ass was still here.

I was waiting for an answer before I walked further into the room.

"He feels like I'm doing too much, I should talk to Trey and just hear him out, how he did all this for me and to come thinking it's gone be one way and comes out as something else. It's like he gets I'm with Kemari and I've moved on with my life but he think Trey needs some closure and I feel like he got when I met up with him. I told him it was never a child, I wasn't interested at all and left it at that. Dre only doing all this cuz Trey used to look out for him too back in the day."

I was getting pissed off all over again hearing her even talk about that man. I dropped my keys on the floor, making my presence known on accident.

I picked up my keys and walked further into the room. All eyes were on me now. I bypassed it and went to go dig in one of my bags. They were silent as hell, even Kimora for a second.

"Hey to you too rude ass," Kimora said, breaking the silence.

"What's up ugly?" I spoke back keeping it short.

I could feel my blood being to boil all over again. She better be happy I showed some restraint or Chong's would've been a murder scene. I was gone stand there and wait for the feds to come too. I felt so tried by the one who supposed to be my girl and on God her brother can miss me with all that.

"Keon said to call him."

"Bet." I responded still digging. I suddenly couldn't remember what I was looking for and at this point it was the only thing keeping me busy.

Tension thick as hell in this room.

"What happened with everything?" Mora asked.

"It was her."

"Why you acting like that?"

I looked up at my sister who was dead ass set on talking to my ass.

"Mora, I'm honestly not in tha' mood. Just chill out cuz I'm not wit' the bullshit man..."

"Kemari you better let it out now and stop avoiding dealing with it because you know how you get."

"It's for everybody best interest otherwise, including you, Bruh now leave me alone like I said. I'm not repeating my self again."

I don't know what Kimora called herself doing or trying to do. I didn't have shit to say right now. I just want leave it where it's at right now and the situation don't even have none to do with her. 

"Man Kemari."

"Shit don't got nothing to do with you. Mind yours."

She gets up, "Ima leave, call me if you need something Lex."

"Alright," Alexis said.

Once the door closed, silence filled the room.

My phone beeped letting me know I had a notification. I checked it and saw it was a message from my real estate guy. He found the perfect spot and it wasn't directly in the city and another location directly in the city. I'm getting both.

Ain't nobody knowing where our heads lay at, ever again outside the circle.

I texted him back cash it out for both and to let me know when it would be available to move into.

"Got a spot. Waiting to know when we can get to it," I looked up from my phone and at Alexis.

"I didn't know you were looking for places, I thought we would've done that together..."

"I thought a lot of shit too but hey I guess not."

"Kemari... I wasn't there for five minutes."

"I don't give a fuck if it was only 30 seconds. You already know what the fuck I said bout tha shit and you still did what the hell you wanted to do! And didn't say shit. You better be glad I ain't air that bitch out. On God bruh you tried me on some lame ass shit!"

Mad as hell. Played as fuck. Shit ain't sweet at all.

"Go be with that nigga if you care so much. Playing on my fucking top." I added.

She sighed, "Man look I was leaving my house and one of the guys my mama tried to push me off on, saw me. He tried to push his self on me. I pulled out a pocket knife and stabbed him. Trey walked up on it as the guy went down. He took the wrap for me and served 6 years."

***

This wasn't as dramatic but it'll do. I'm about to time hop a bit maybe 3/4 months. I'll post it at the top of next chapter! -A