Alexis

"What the fuck man..." Kemari mumbled.

I jolted up out of my sleep feeling my heart pounding against my chest. I quickly looked over at Kemari. He laid in the hospital bed, motionless with his hands to his side. The same position he had been in since they put him in here. I took a deep breath in trying to calm my racing heart.

"Mmm.." I heard groaning but it couldn't have been Kemari. He didn't budge at all, so where was it coming from? I got up and walked to the door, peeping through the same rectangular shaped window, looking to see what nurse or doctor came across my path first.

The machine began to beep rapidly.

"Kemari," I jumped back away from the door and rushed over to his side.

His eyes suddenly fluttered open. "Bae!" I squealed squeezing his hand.

The door of the room flung open and two nurses rushed inside, "We'll need you to step out ma'am."

I didn't want to leave out, but the quickest they did what they needed to do the faster I could be back to my man. I grabbed my bag, "I'll be back bae, they gone check you out." I gave his hand one more squeeze and then left out the room.

I went to send a message the family but decided to wait instead. He may not even be up for visitors at this moment. I sat down on the chair as my left leg bounced up and down as I waited. A few more minutes when by so I got up and went into the room to peek through the window inside the room. However, the blinds were closed and I couldn't hear or see anything.

The door comes up and I step back, "Go ahead. He's waiting for you." The woman smiled.

I walked back inside to see the other nurse still inside, "Alright I'll be back once the doctor on duty checks you out. If they give the okay then the other tube will be removed. Okay?"

"Yea," Kemari said barely above a whisper, then locked eyes with me.

"The medicine will kick in shortly but try not to over do it."

Kemari nodded his head at the nurse.

The nurse excused herself as I stood at the top of his bed, still with our eyes locked on each other.

"What I missed?" He asked.

His voice was low and raspy and his eyes looked weak. I stale faced him, "That's the first thing you want to say to me?" I said, saying the first thing that came to my mind.

He smirked a little, "Here I thought you was gone be happy just hear a nigga voice."

"You scared me! Literally laying here as if you was gone and you asking what you missed. You missed your rude ass mama who I really don't like and you missed time with your children, you missed...," I inhaled deeply realizing I was unloading the clip on him about shit that wasn't even remotely important, "It's not even important. I'm just so glad you're okay and up... Are you up for company?" I questioned.

"Not yet," he spoke, "what happened to Drako?"

I sighed, shifting my weight from one side of my body to the other.

"He..." I stalled then continued, "he was arrested."

"What?" He jolted up so fast, the machine began to bleep.

"Kemari, chill before they knock yo ass out. The lady just said don't over do it."

"Arrested for what?! Why he still in there ? Tell big Unc it's a black duffel bag, grab whatever the price is and get my nigga out."

He wasn't even fully awake for ten minutes and he's barking orders. "I'll relay the message but they ain't even put him front of a judge yet."

"Whea' my phone?" He said having to clear his throat.

"Just chill out Bae. Don't start doing the most. You ain't been up that long. It can wait."

His nostrils flared, "Alexis... Just-," he stopped, "You right.... Come mere."

My brows raised, curious to his motives. I walk over and sit beside him carefully. "Missed you."

"You ain't know even you was out." I teased.

He cleared his throat, "Ain't gone lie, shit was a lil much." His voice was beginning to fade in and out as he spoke probably from talking too much and getting too hyped up.

"It was for me too, but this what we signed up for." I added. Here I was sounding just like him. I know I was tripping on him about this life but he told me straight up at the beginning of our relationship what it was. As much as I wanted too, I couldn't change that. This was the type of stuff came with the territory.

He looked at me with almost a puzzled expression and seconds later it softened, "You right my girl."

"I had a lot of time to think and it's only two options for me."

"Which is what?" He questioned sounding a lil hostile.

"Either deal with it or don't."

He chuckled, "You got me bent up if you think you're walking away from me." 

"That sound so toxic."

"It is," he shrugged.

I never said I was even leaving. "I'm not going anywhere for one and for two.. it just made me come to realization that if I love you and want to be with you then it just comes with it."

His glaze into my eyes became intense. It almost made me uncomfortable, "I love you."

"I love you too," I leaned down to kiss his lips.

"Lil Lexis..." I heard from the door but I had to be hearing shit. Kemari looked at the door first and then back at me as I stared at him. I searched his eyes for an answer as if he could read my mind.

"Lil Lexis."

I huffed, then turned my head towards my mother. She looked rough as hell. I already knew why that was but the real question was, what was she doing here.