Kemari

"Code Blue NICU, code blue NICU."

I jotted up, clutching my chest. The room was pitch black dark.

I realized I was only reliving a nightmare in my sleep after dealing with it in real life. Hours after my kids were brought into this world, something went left and Kemora didn't make it. They said her heart just stopped pumping. It was only so much they could do to try to revive her, but sadly nothing worked.

"You okay?" Lex asked still in a sleepy state.

"Yeah..." I answered wiping the sweat off my forehead.

I didn't want to alarm her. She had already been through a great deal with all the shit going on. She was still hurting and so was I but most days were filled with tending to Jr and making sure he's straight. Despite the loss of his sister, he still brought us joy. Tha' type of joy you need to help you get through the worst of days.

It's been 8 months and life was a lot more calm than previously. I let go of the reigns a lil and Keon does more. Drako even stepped back a lil too with a lil one on the way. Kimora was 4 months pregnant and even more annoying now that she was pregnant.

"I woke you?" I asked in a whisper.

"I had a dream about our baby girl. It woke me up... I was holding her and Kemoni was there. She was being just a good big sister to her baby sister...."

I sighed, "I know she would've been, look at how great she does with Jr."

"Yeah..."

It killed me on the inside, knowing it's nothing I could do to take away the pain we was feeling. She was feeling.

I leaned back down and tried to head back to sleep. However as I closed my eyes the sounds of crying came from bassinet beside the bed. Lex won't let Jr. out of our sight.

"He must've heard us talking about his sister... hey did you hear us?" Lex asked.

I loved seeing her in mommy mode. It made me laugh at times to think she was so worried at first. Just like I tol' her, her instincts kicked in.

"Mommy and daddy are right here... you getting so big man. Mommy wants you to be a baby forever."

"Lex Lex and Daddy can I sleep with you?" I heard from the other side of the door as it crept open.

Lex finally cuts a light on, "Yeah come on Moni." She said.

I looked at Jr and how amazed he was with his mother. Those big dark eyes stared into hers. I already know if anything ever happened to me, Jr. would be there to protect his mama and sister.

He was tough but when it came to his mama and sister, he melted. I just had to make it my duty when he got older to show him how to not let anybody other than those two get away with it.

"My lil solider," I said putting my finger in front of his as he grabbed it.

"Lil soldier nothing. My baby boy is going to be an athlete and we're going to the NBA."

I laughed, "Bae, really?"

"You saw him throw that paper away the other day."

"He was tryna get up and fell down with the paper in his hand and the trash bag just so happen to be right in front of him."

"Sounds like you hating," she laughed, "No one told you to not go pro."

"I had other stuff to do," I responded.

"Daddy I wanna play," kemoni said sitting in between us.

"What you wanna play lil girl?"

"Hmm.... Ima be a... dance girl."