Life is strange

I must've been asleep for a while Peter thought as he walked back to the classroom. The sun looks like it's about to set. I hope Mr. Summers doesn't chew me out for it.

What did I miss even? He opened the door...

To almost get knocked aside by Doreen

"Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!" Gwendolyn cheered.

"Come on, Squirrel Girl. Losing more than your nuts?" Luke taunted.

"Oh this just got personal!" Doreen lunged at Luke.

Behind Gwenpool, the two shortest kids – Lunella and Kei – huddled over Kei's tablet.

"And the Ion-polymer goes there..." Lunella gestured. "And perfect! Thanks Kei. I'll pint these blueprints out and give you a prototype."

"Or I could make a monster to produce the prototype right now." Kei suggested.

"No thanks. It'll probably be covered in slime. Besides. I've got a surplus of Barbie's chemistry kit. The plastic's perfect for this."

Behind them, Laura and Nico relaxed on the desks. T'Challa was nearby.

"I do not want to have to repeat myself. Not doing so shows you have bad manners."

"It's not if you don't care."

"I'm curious. Sitting on desks is more comfortable. How is doing so appropriateness?" Laura asked.

"People wish for their work to be used properly. Desks are meant to be worked on. By sitting on them, you mock the work that went into these desks. Furthermore, it is a simple case of bad manners. There is always time for manners."

"I'm with him on that!" Doreen yelled before Luke knocked her onto the ground. "Ack! Foul!"

"Let me think. Tough choice." She shook her head. "Nope."

"I agree with Nico. I do not see how sitting on desks insults factory robots."

"Fine. Be that way." T'Challa turned around. "Oh. It is Peter Parker." The room fell silent.

"Oh. H-hey every-"

"OHMYGOSHYOU'REALIVEWEALLTHOUGHTYOUDIEDDDDDD!" Gwenpool shook Peter like a wet salmon. "HOW ELSE AM I GOING TO EXIST IF YOU'RE DEAD!?"

Doreen rolled her eyes. "Even I think she's nutty. But she is right. Everyone was worried."

"Everyone?" Peter asked.

"Everyone. Your battle was pretty tense. Too bad you didn't get any points for it."

"Figures. I destroyed half the building. Did anyone get points?"

"Only Wanda and T'Challa got points, since neither of them did any major collateral damage."

"And Flash?"

"Flash got zero points, too." Doreen added. "During the review session, Iron man said he could've missed and hit your vital organs. Or hit a civilian in an IRL situation. Overall, your battle was pretty terrifying."

Luke nodded. "She's right. And that's how real men do it!" He punched Peter in the shoulder. "Name's Lucas. Friends call me Luke."

"owowowow." Peter muttered.

"Doreen." She shook Peter's hand. "Doreen Aleene Green."

Gwendolyn did a modest bow before him. "I'm Gwendolyn, the true protagonist. But you can call me Gwen."

"Maybe not. I already know someone called Gwen. I might confuse you two." He said.

She winked. "Exactly."

"Some call me Sam. Other's call me hero," Sam's voice dropped. "You can call me Nov-"

"I'm Kamala, that's Sam. Don't mind him. His helmet can barely contain his ego."

Sam checked his helmet size. It read 'Large.' "Hey!"

"What's with the commotion? We've got the review papers, just like everyone asked." Daniel entered the room carrying stacks of papers. "Oh, hey it's...Peter, right? Good to know you're okay."

Pietro and Wanda came in behind him. "So you're really okay, little brother?"

"Like I told you, Wanda, I only passed out during the fire. No headaches, burns, or anything permanent. I'm FINE."

"Okay. Just want to make sure my little brother is not gowing to whine abowt losing in 4 minwets." She teased. "Who's my wittle brother? You are! You are!"

"Wanda! I'm only younger by a minute!" Pietro moaned. He glanced at the front. "Hey look. It's Peter."

"Peter?" Wanda ran over to him. "Hey, you're alive!"

"It's only a few bruises," Peter blushed.

"Your right arm is still broken, and your costume is destroyed." Laura added.

"Right. That sucks." Now I have to get my suit repaired. Thanks to my quirk and Flash. "Hey, where is Flash?"

"You just missed him," Luke said. "Guy was too angry to stick around so he left. That dude has issues."

"I have to go tell him something."

"Wait, Peter." Laura grabbed his arm. "A moment."

"What?"

"During the battle, you were able to predict and evade most of Flash's attacks."

"T-thanks."

"But you were clumsy. There were countless times you could've counter-attacked but you're positioning was, at the least, basic. I know a friend who is an expert gymnast. I'll show you to her. After I can find a time she's available."

"So that I can be more flexible?" Laura nodded. "Okay. Are you asking my permission?"

She thought for a moment. "No. I'm forcing you too."

"That's her version of please," Nico added.

"But why?"

"Because you need it the most." She gestured at Peter's arm. "Out of all of us."

"Got it." Peter began running. She has a point, though. Out of all the other students, I've got a lot more to learn.