Unexpected encounter

Peter took the usual route home. Around the back of school, follow a set of train tracks until he reached an old service tunnel that led him to his neighborhood. Take a right, then walk several blocks to his house.

Easy

It wasn't the quickest way to his house, but it wasn't the Flash-ridden zone that had earned him numerous bruises. He stopped at the edge of the service tunnel; the entrance opened like a huge hungry mouth ready to devour him.

As Peter walked through the tunnel he thought of how Iron Man acted so calm behind that mask. He wondered if that was a key to being a superhero; acting calm, maybe even excited during danger. At the very least he'd need some identifiable attitude that people would recognize. The same way the Hulk's untamed rage sent shivers down his enemy's spines, or the placid, practiced tone of Doctor Strange every time he faced a villain. As if they were just another patient.

Behind him, trickles of blood-red water poured out of a manhole
The red liquid coalesced into a barely humanoid figure.

Peter tried to smile then, like the star studded heroes in the media. There was something about those warm expressions that made him feel safe and secure (well, as secure as Peter could feel with a sadistic bully running around blowing everything up)
"If it's any help," The monster gurgled behind him, "I think smiling's the best face someone can put on."

Peter's heartbeat sped up. Hot, moist sweat covered his body. Trembling, Peter slowly turned to face the source of the voice.

"After all," Carnage laughed, "just look at how it fits on MY face!"

"C-carnage the blood villain?!" Peter stammered.

"Aww. Villain? That hurts. I prefer the name, mass murderer!" Peter began to run. Red tendrils shot out of Carnage's body and grabbed his legs. "You're not going anywhere!"

The tendrils pulled Peter into Carnage. More and more tendrils formed to dig into Peter's body. They permeated into his nose, mouth, even ears. Peter felt his entire body being consumed by the red liquid.

Can't...breathe, Peter fruitlessly grabbed at Carnage; his hands failing to get a grip. Black dots began to dance across his eyes. His head felt like it was full of helium. "Don't worry kid. It's a painless procedure, for me!"

"All I'm going to do is hide inside your body 'till I'm outta this place! Then, I'll use your body as another host of Carnage. Imagine! Carnage with his own little 'un. What a great pair we'll be!"

"You'll be my very own personal hero!"

Peter eye's shot open in fear. No! he squirmed within Carnage's grasp. Not like this! As his vision blurred, Peter called out for someone, anyone, to come help him. Ant-man, Captain Marvel, Rouge. Colossus....

Peter felt his last breathe slip from his mouth.

Iron Man...

Suddenly, the manhole cover exploded out of the ground with a loud BOOM. Out of the hole, Iron Man jumped out.

"You think you'd be able to outrun me when I have a map of the entire city? What, were you just desperate for the bathroom?" He joked.

"You!" Carnage clutched Peter like a human shield, "don't step any closer, or else the kid gt's it!"

Iron Man yawned. "Really? Geez, if I had a nickel for every time someone said that, I'd be a billionaire." Iron Man stretched out his arms and bits of micro-sized metal flew out of the sewers and into his armor. His 'muscles' bulged into the size of bridge cables. He grew 8 feet tall. " Let's fight." As Carnage sprouted several new spears, Iron Man sniffed his suit.