27. Crown Prince?

Three and a half months ago.....

"You two are late again" Hoseok deadpanned once the Kim Brothers finally walked into the Dining Hall. "We know" Seokjin said and rolled his eyes before grinning at Jeongguk and Yoongi and settling on a seat. 

"You can start without us, you know? You don't have to wait for us and nag us every single day" Namjoon said, taking a seat next to his brother. 

"We know we can. We just don't want to do that" Yoongi said and smiled widely at them. "Alright, alright. We will be on time from tomorrow" Seokjin said and began to dig in. 

"Hmmmmmm~~ absolutely delicious!!" Jeongguk exclaimed the second the food touched his tongue. "Yes. The new chef is a lot better than the old one" Namjoon said. 

"Yes. What's his name, again?" Hoseok asked. "In Guk Du" Jeongguk said. 

"Hmm. The food is really good" Yoongi said and grinned again, receiving a weird look from Hoseok and Jeongguk. "You are being weird" Hoseok said and received another weird grin from Yoongi in return. 

"Here" Seokjin said and placed a piece of meat on Namjoon's bowl. Namjoon gave Seokjin a suspicious look before gobbling the piece of meat. 

"You didn't poison it, did you?" he asked. "I did" Seokjin said, rolling his eyes in annoyance. "Why am I not surprised?" Namjoon asked and received a slap on his arm from his brother. "Just shut up and say 'Thank you, hyung-nim' when I share something with you" Seokjin said.

Namjoon rolled his eyes as well, but grinned nonetheless and bowed dramatically before thanking his 'hyung-nim'. 

"Why am I upset that you aren't sharing your food with us?" Jeongguk asked, frowning at his half brother. "Because you are one jealous little cuckoo" Seokjin said and snorted before placing pieces of meat on Jeongguk, Yoongi and Hoseok's bowls as well. 

"I should sack you" Jeongguk said even though he was used to the Kim Brothers' antics. "But you won't" Namjoon said. "But I won't" Jeongguk repeated, earning a snort from all of them. 

"I've been meaning to ask you guys," Jeongguk started after they finished eating their dinner, "am I not supposed to announce a temporary Crown Prince until I give birth to a son?" 

"You should, but there's no one for that position, right?" Hoseok asked. 

"I was thinking of crowning Seokjin hyung. What do you say?" 

"Ggukie, there's a reason Appa did not crown me as the Crown Prince or the King. Did you forget it?" Seokjin asked, sighing heavily in the process. 

"I did not. But it's not like you are gonna start ruling or anything, right? I'm the one who's gonna rule. Also, it's only temporary. Only until I get a heir of my own" Jeongguk said. 

"No, Jeongguk. Even if it is temporary, if the Crown Prince is physically weak, other Kingdoms see it as a chance to attack us. I can't let you get into a war because of me. We are already having enough problems with Alyndus as it is" Seokjin said. 

Jeongguk hummed. "What about Namjoon hyung, then?" 

"Did you forget why Appa didn't crown me as-"

"Hyung, I remember," Jeongguk cut him off. "This is just a position for the temporary Crown Prince. Not the next King."

"Jeongguk, I don't know what you mean when you say 'Crown Prince', but temporary or permanent, Crown Prince means the Next King" Namjoon said. 

"I know, hyung!" Jeongguk exclaimed, growing frustrated about the fact that he wasn't able to express his thoughts properly. "But it's not like I'm going to die any time soon. It's just a dummy post with no value as such!!" he exclaimed.