44. I hate you

"Hello, Jeongguk-ah" Namjoon smiled at Jeongguk, who for very obvious reasons, couldn't get his mouth to shut close. 

"Hey, Ggukie!" Namjoon called out again. This time, Jeongguk snapped out of his shocked state and stomped straight forward until his strong fist landed on Namjoon's stomach. 

Namjoon grunted in pain and bent forward, but Jeongguk didn't stop. He punched him harder, making him fall face-first onto the floor. 

"Hey!! Too violent!! Is this affection I'm experiencing?!" Namjoon asked as Jeongguk kept kicking and punching him with tears running down his face. 

Seokjin settled on a chair with a fond smile on his face as he watched them. He knew how much pain Namjoon's 'death' had caused to Jeongguk. He deserved to get that pain out, even if that meant Namjoon would end up in a beaten pulp by the end of it. 

Well, according to him, even Namjoon deserved the punches and kicks. He remembered the number of times he had begged Namjoon to let just Jeongguk and their friends know about him. But no matter how much he tried, Namjoon had remained adamant. 

He didn't want anyone to know about it. Not even a fly. He simply couldn't risk it. He wanted to be Jeongguk's secret weapon during the fight with Seo Dae Hyun and thus, he had decided to hide until the right time came. 

"NO!! I hate you!! I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you soo fucking much, I hate youuuuuuu" Jeongguk got onto his knees and rested his head on Namjoon's chest and broke into loud sobs. 

Namjoon smiled gently and wrapped his arms around Jeongguk, bringing him down and close to himself. 

"I missed you too, you punk" he said. 

"I did not miss you at all. I hate you" Jeongguk cried. 

"Hmm, yes, I can clearly see that" Namjoon said and chuckled lightly before turning his amused gaze towards his brother. He gestured to him to join the hug so that the two of them could squish a crying Jeongguk between them to get him to calm down. 

It took some time for Jeongguk to calm down, but Namjoon felt like it was worth it. He could see how much his youngest brother had missed him. 

"Start talking!!" Jeongguk barked between sniffs, triumphantly succeeding in sounding like an angry cub. Namjoon chuckled nonetheless and asked him to get off the floor. 

"What kind of a man cries like this, Gguk-ah?" he asked he got up and settled on his bed. 

"Shut up. I did not cry. I hate you" Jeongguk snapped and wiped his tears aggressively. 

"I got that" Namjoon said with another chuckle. 

"Alright. Story time!! We don't have time to waste, Jeongguk, remember?" Seokjin reminded. "Right. I said start talking!!" Jeongguk exclaimed again. 

"Alright, alright, chill. The story is really simple, actually. You really thought I would have gone to our enemy Kingdom without any protection of my own?" Namjoon asked. 

Jeongguk simply frowned, waiting for Namjoon to continue. 

"A week before leaving, I met up with Taehyu-" 

"TAEHYUNG KNOWS?!?!" Jeongguk yelled.

"Aish, stop yelling. He doesn't. No one knows. Only hyung and my charioteer do" Namjoon said. 

"Your charioteer knew you were alive when he gave us the Alyndus Prince's letter?!" Jeongguk exclaimed incredulously. "Hyung knew it too when you guys got that letter" Namjoon said, pointing to Seokjin.