42. Agony

Taehyung decided his course of action. He was going to go back. Sixteenth century wasn't for him. Jeongguk wasn't for him. He had decided it, but he had no idea when and how to break it to Jeongguk. 

He thought love was ultimate in the world, but he didn't realize that even love had to bow in front of power and responsibilities. 

He didn't realize that power came with responsibilities and that he couldn't just recklessly claim power and love without carrying the responsibilities that they came with. 

He weighed his pros and cons carefully. Would it be that hard to get over Jeongguk? He had loved Jimin for almost ten years and could get over him easily when Jeongguk started flirting with him. So he guessed that it wouldn't be hard to get over Jeongguk as well. 

'I am sorry, Jeongguk. I am sorry for leaving you like this. I know you will get over me soon too. I promise it won't be that hard. I won't make things hard for you and your Kingdom anymore. I am sorry for letting things get this far, Gguk. I am rea-'

An arrow pierced through his chest and cut his thoughts off quite literally, making his body arch inwards into a perfect 'C'. He didn't even have the time to get a grunt out of his throat before he found himself plummeting to the ground face first, sending the arrow deeper into his chest. 

The wind got knocked out of his lungs and for a second, he couldn't even remember what his name was. It took a few seconds for him to realize what happened and a few more seconds for him to turn to his side to stop the arrow from lodging deeper into his chest. 

He didn't know where the arrow came from, and he couldn't find it in him to think about it. He was slowly losing his senses, and he was already too out of it to even realize the fact that he was losing them. 

Was that Jimin's voice? Was he calling him? Oh wait, Jimin was shaking his shoulder violently. 

He brought his violently trembling hands up slowly and wrapped them around the arrow. He couldn't see or hear anything anymore, but he could at least try his best to ask Jimin to take the painful arrow out of his chest. 

It hurt. It hurt so much that he just wanted to give up and succumb to the death that was looming right above him. But he knew that it would be unfair for Jimin and Jeongguk if he left before saying good bye. 

Was this how Namjoon hyung felt before dying? Hats off to him for being able to deliver his last words in such a state when he couldn't even keep his eyes open. 

Suddenly, a blinding pain flashed through his body, making him gasp loudly. If he could, he would scream until all the birds flew out of Oryn. But he couldn't. Thus, he let his mouth drop in a silent scream before letting his eyes roll into his head. 

Jimin was losing his mind. He just wanted time to freeze for a minute so that he could collect his thoughts and limbs and help his friend without freaking out, but time waited for none, after all. 

He had been having a conversation with Jeongyeon about going back home when the guard told him about Jeongguk, who had ordered him to go to the lake. He didn't know why, but he guessed that Taehyung might have asked Jeongguk to call him. 

"Okay, I'll be right back" he said and pecked Jeongyeon on her lips before walking towards the lake. 

'Why the hell is he lying down in broad day light?' he thought as he viewed Taehyung from afar, but as he neared him, he realized that he wasn't just lying down. 

"TAEHYUNG!!!! TAEHYUNG-AH!!! OH MY FUCKING HELL, WHAT THE FUCK, TAEHYUNG-AH!!!!" he screamed and shook Taehyung's shoulder violently, but Taehyung did nothing more than letting out a small groan in response, making Jimin realize how far gone he was.