47. I'm gonna miss you

"Faster!! Faster, faster, faster, this is not enoughhhhh!!!!" Taehyung exclaimed loudly. 

Jeongguk rolled his eyes with a fond smile and pulled the reins of Firecannon harder, making his horse go faster according to Taehyung's wishes. 

"Woohoohoohooooooooo" Taehyung yelled as the harsh wind hit his face. "I love you, Jeongguk-ah!!!!!" he yelled. "I love you too, Taehyung-ah!!!!!!!!!!!" Jeongguk yelled back with a huge grin even though his heart threatened to weigh down and bury itself into the ground with every passing second. 

They were literally twenty four hours away from Taehyung, Jimin and Jeongyeon's departure, and here they were, enjoying each other's company one last time before Taehyung left him for good. 

"TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF!!!" Taehyung yelled into the vast expanse of farms. There wasn't another soul other than the two of them along with Firecannon around them and thus, Taehyung yelled to his heart's desire. 

Jeongguk skidded to a stop under a tree and gestured to Taehyung to get down from his horse. He got down as well and cupped Taehyung's cheeks gently. 

"You too" he whispered. Taehyung teared up, looking at the tears in Jeongguk's eyes. He immediately wrapped his arms around Jeongguk's waist and moved closer to him. 

"I'm gonna miss you" he whispered. "Me too" Jeongguk whispered and wrapped his arms around Taehyung as well, pulling him into a protective hug. 

The two had spent the previous two days fucking each other round after round as if there was no tomorrow. Well, in their case, there really was no tomorrow. 

But now, when they had only a few more hours left, they didn't want to spend it fulfilling their lust. They wanted to be with each other. They wanted to enjoy each other in ways other than just lust. 

Jeongguk sat down under the tree and pulled Taehyung into his lap. He reached up to his own neck and took out a thin, diamond necklace. 

"Let this remind you of me, love" he said as he reached out to put it around Taehyung's neck. "Don't lose it in the ocean, okay?" he said sternly. 

"I won't, my King. I promise" Taehyung whispered with tears running down his face. 

He placed his hands on Jeongguk's chest and bent forward to bury his face into his husband's neck. He took a deep breath, inhaling his maddening scent as much as he could. 

"I know I'm being selfi-"

"Shh. Don't complete that, love. You are not being selfish. I know that more than anyone else. You are being selfless. This isn't easy for you either, Tae, and I know it very well. The very fact that you are willing to sacrifice your love for my Kingdom means that you are being selfless. I really admire that about you, Taehyung-ah" Jeongguk said while stroking his fingers through Taehyung's hair gently. 

Taehyung remained silent. He didn't know what to say to that and thus remained as silent as he could while Jeongguk kept him bundled and safe in his arms. 

"Marry someone who can bring good to your Kingdom, Gguk-ah. This century isn't for gays. I made a huge mistake by letting you know about your sexual orientation. 

You have no choice but to sacrifice your own love and pleasure for the people you rule, Jeonggukie. Do that, and you will remain in history as one of the greatest Kings ever. I feel honoured to be your husband even if it was for a very short time. 

I will go back home and write books about you, Gguk. I will tell everyone about how you were such a great King. Someone who let go of his preference and love for his own Kingdom" Taehyung said while playing with a string on Jeongguk's robe.