39. Another letter

None of them returned to the Palace. None except Hoseok, who had been ordered by the King to execute In Guk Du. Their bodies refused to move an inch away from their spots around Namjoon's grave.  

It wasn't until mid noon that the General's charioteer gathered up enough courage to deliver the letter that he had been ordered to deliver to the King. 

"Y-Your Ma-Majesty" his voice trembled and so did he. Jeongguk didn't reply. He simply looked up at him from his spot with a fire (along with tears) in his eyes. 

"His...His Highness h-had ordered me to deliver this letter to Your Majesty" he said and held out another letter for Jeongguk to take. 

"Who?" Jeongguk asked, wiping his tears so that he could glare at him properly. 

"The Alyndus Prince, Y-Your Majesty" the charioteer said. 

Jeongguk frowned and snatched the letter from him. "How did you meet him?" he asked. "He attacked us on the way, Your Majesty. He killed His Highness from behind a tree before attacking the rest of the delegates. He kept me alive so that I could deliver this letter to you" the charioteer said. 

Jeongguk frowned again and opened the letter. It didn't take long for his ears to turn red with anger. He passed the letter to the rest of them and turned towards the charioteer. "Start talking" he ordered. 

"His Highne-"

"If you dare to call him 'His Highness' once again, I will cut your head off" Jeongguk warned through gritted teeth. 

"I apologize, Your Majesty. The Prince visited our camp a couple of days ago and had a talk with His Highness. I don't know what they talked about, but His Highness seemed panicked after the talk. He wrote a letter to you and sent it through one of the guards and left for Oryn the next day, but the Prince attacked us on our way back and ordered me to give you this letter" the charioteer said. 

Jeongguk ground his teeth hard. He remembered the Alyndus Prince's words from the letter. "I didn't need one of my minions anymore, so I snitched on him to your brother myself". 

'So the talk must have been about In Guk Du' he thought.

"How was he attacked?" he asked, referring to Namjoon. "With an arrow to his heart, Your Majesty. I pulled...I pulled the arrow out myself" the charioteer said, his voice trembling dangerously.

Jeongguk shut his eyes and took another deep breath. "His....His Highness asked me to tell you that some person whose back looks like him is the Alyndus P-Prince's p-personal spy" his voice broke out, remembering how Namjoon struggled to get those words out of his mouth during his last moments. 

A few more tears escaped Jeongguk's eyes. "Those were his last words?" he whispered, not trusting his voice anymore. "No, Your Majesty" the charioteer whispered as well. "He said something else?" Jeongguk asked. 

The charioteer took a deep breath and closed his eyes, knowing that his next words were going to hurt one of them very deeply. 

"I understood why my hyung called me all those names. Tell him that whatever happened, it wasn't me. It was the spy. And tell him not to cry for me. Tell him I forgive him. Tell him I love him. Tell all of them that I love them" he said. 

The charioteer had committed those words to his memory right after they left Namjoon's struggling body. The fight between the Kim Brothers was no secret among the people working in the Palace. Thus, he knew that those words were very important. 

He looked up at the First Prince just in time to see his face scrunch up once again as tears rolled down his face. "It hurts....it hurts so much" the Prince cried, holding his chest tightly. "I know, hyung. I know" Yoongi whispered and wrapped an arm around his shoulder. 

"Is that all?" the King asked. "Yes, Your Majesty" the charioteer said and bowed. "You may leave" Jeongguk said and turned to Taehyung, silently asking him to pass him the letter. 

He took a deep breath and was just about to start reading it once again when Hoseok returned and bowed in front of him. "The execution has been done, Your Majesty" he said. "Good" Jeongguk said and handed him the letter. 

"What is this?" Hoseok asked. Jeongguk had no energy in him to explain everything and thus, Taehyung and Jimin took it upon themselves to narrate what just happened to the Head Jailor. 

By the time they finished narrating everything, Hoseok had tears running down his face too. He looked down at the letter with his heart pumping in his throat. He didn't want to know what words the Alyndus Prince might have had for his King, but he needed to know it. At least for Namjoon's sake. 

Greetings, Majesty Jeon,

How does it feel to lose one of your hyungs? Well, you would have lost him by the time this letter reaches you, because that's exactly what I'm going to do next. Kill your innocent brother. How does it feel? Well, I felt exactly the same way when you killed my father instead of simply defeating him like you were supposed to do. 

I won't be a sour loser and say you shouldn't have defeated him. You had every right to do so. But you shouldn't have killed him. We would have let you take our Kingdom with dignity if you had not killed my father, Jeon. 

But unfortunately, you did kill him, and now, you are going to face the consequences. You think I'm done with killing just your brother? You think I don't know about your male doll? You think there's anything that I don't know? 

Well, my minions do a good work, Jeon. Unlike yours, who couldn't even realize that I had placed a couple of my minions in your Kingdom long before the war had started. 

Anyways, I didn't need one of my minions anymore, so I snitched on him to your brother myself. I hope you have a good time executing him. It makes my work a lot easier, you know? 

Anyways, Brace Yourself, Jeon. I'm not going to leave you alone. Not after the way you killed my father. His Majesty Seo Dae Shin deserved a lot better than that. 

Your impending death in person,

Seo Dae Hyun.

"What on earth-"

"All of you are in danger" Jeongguk cut him off. 

"Mainly Taehyung" Hoseok said. 

"Yes. I need you to tight the security around the Palace and inspect all the guards. We don't know how many minions of his are already in the Palace. We need to find them as soon as possible" Jeongguk ordered. 

"Consider it done, Your Majesty" Hoseok said and left the cemetery immediately. Slowly, the rest of them left the cemetery as well, knowing that they now had a lot more responsibilities in hand. 

"We will come back again, Namjoon-ah. We will revenge your death for sure" Seokjin whispered once everyone else left.