34. Death-deserving crime?

A month passed by within the blink of an eye. Taehyung had almost mastered the basics of herbology under Yoongi's guidance and could treat a mildly injured person on his own without the help of Yoongi or his own tears. 

Jimin, on the other hand, had become really good at assisting Seokjin. He knew what matters the King and his Kingdom were burdened with and what measures the King was planning to take. And most importantly, he knew when to interfere and when to keep his mouth shut.

It felt as if they grew up in the Palace, as if they were naturally good at what they were doing, as if these posts were made exclusively for them, as if they were born to do this, and if not for the fact that they really missed their parents and their phones a lot, they would have had no regrets regarding their current situation. 

"I still can't believe this is what you got" Taehyung said, referring to the fact that they were currently in the middle of the lake with neither of them rowing the boat. 

"Me too. But I still think it is better if we keep this between ourselves. We can reveal it when the proper time comes" Jimin said. 

"Yeah.....you know what? I thought about this last night. At this rate, if you practice how to channel your power properly, we can actually return to the twenty first century" Taehyung said. 

"That's huge, though. Gonna be really hard, but yeah. We can" Jimin said. 

"But I am happy here too. I just miss Eomma and Appa, but otherwise, I don't mind spending the rest of my life over here" Taehyung said. 

"I kinda feel the same way, but I told you the other day, right? I can't get together with JY. There is no divorce policy over here. Jeongguk can marry as many people as he wants without batting an eyelash, but JY has to stay loyal to him, no matter what. People are gonna rebel if she cheats on him" Jimin said sadly and lay down in the boat. 

Taehyung lay back next to him with his arms under his head. "I tried to talk to Jeongguk about this yesterday, but he seemed furious about the fact that she was cheating on him, so I just tried to divert the topic as much as I could" he said. 

"Really?! What a hypocrite! He can marry how many ever people he wants and he gets furious about the fact that his wife, who he doesn't even care about, likes someone else" Jimin scoffed angrily. 

"I know, right? I kinda felt bad for her, but that's how it is, if we think about it. Not just Jeongguk. Almost every King in the world had multiple wives. When did we ever hear about a queen having multiple husbands other than Draupadi of India?" Taehyung asked. 

"You are right. We can't exactly blame Jeongguk. That's the mindset he grew up in" Jimin said and sighed. "So yeah, for me, there is no use staying back, except for the fact that I can't leave you alone" he said. 

"Hmm.....let's see how it goes" Taehyung said. 

"Hmm"

They stayed silent for almost an hour after that before returning to the Palace. They wished each other a good night and fell asleep almost immediately due to their exhausted states. 

Jeongguk, on the other hand, just couldn't sleep. He tossed and turned around for a long while before jolting up with a firm resolve. He was going to talk to his wife tonight at any cost. Even if he had to wake her up for that. 

Ever since Taehyung had shown him what real pleasure was like, he found it really hard to control himself. He dragged Taehyung to Aurora almost once every three nights and fucked the living daylights out of him. 

Taehyung didn't mind it. In fact, he loved it. Jeongguk managed to take him to the stars every time he hit his prostrate and he couldn't ask for better. His healing helped him get fucked without feeling pain after the deed and that was all he needed.