🍁 Chapter 21

Chapter 4. About the Lushness of Time

I felt time passing by, like running water. Summer had ended and turned into autumn.

It was on one such autumn day that I was with Carol and Julien, feeling the passage of time.

I had only spent three seasons with these kids, but they both grew up a lot.

“Ah, this dress is too short for me.“

“So it seems. Didn’t you buy that one in the spring?”

We were looking through the dressing room to sort out the clothes that no longer fit. Carol had found her favorite yellow dress, but her ankles were clearly sticking out from under the hem.

“Hmph. I loved this dress!”

“It can’t be helped. You need to get fitted for some new dresses.”

Fortunately, I had very little need to spend money, so the pocket money I had saved should be enough.

If Carol grew up this much… The prince would be like that too, wouldn’t he? It was like they grew taller each time I saw them.

Of course, I figured that the Imperial family would take care of it.

“Madame DeJoue, what’s Julien’s schedule for tomorrow?”

“There is nothing out of the ordinary. He should be free in the morning.”

"Oh. Good timing!”

"Hmm? Sharon, what did you say?”

asked Carol, who was still looking pitiful as she held the dress.

“I didn’t say anything.”

"No, you did… What about the timing?”

I guess she heard it all. I turned my head toward Madame DeJoue as if I hadn’t heard anything.

“Can I take Carol and Julien to a boutique tomorrow? I think if it’s morning, Carol should be free as well.”

Of course, I didn’t forget to bait Carol.

“Kyaak! Really? Buy me something yellow, light yellow!”

"All right. Madame DeJoue?”

“I’ll put in a request to the Imperial family.”

"That’s good. Hey, I got it.”

Carol was looking at me, squeezing her hands tightly and tapping her toes excitedly. I patted her head.

This puppy.

***

Fortunately, Julien was able to go with us, having received permission from his family.

Together with Julien, Carol, and Madame DeJoue, we visited the most famous boutique in town.

The prince seemed awkward, only sitting on the couch, but Carol was eager to wander through the boutique like a fish in water.

How many times had she changed her outfit already? I guess kids have good stamina.

I fixed my gaze at Carol, who was spinning around in front of me.

…That’s already the 20th.

“Sharon, am I pretty?”

“Stop buying more. I already bought you six outfits so far.”

"Hmm? But… But still! This one is also pretty.”