🍁 Chapter 41

Julien’s fingertips trembled as he covered his mouth. He licked his dry lips with the tip of his tongue.

It was too hot.

The soft touch of Sharon’s lips still remained, and he clearly remembered the light exhale from her lips as they met his.

He was going crazy. Julien knew then that his night would be sleepless.

Julien stood up, and without any reason, he started walking back and forth in his room.

The storm in his heart made him unable to stay seated.

Thump!

Thump!

Thump!

His heart was beating against his chest with all its might. These mysterious sounds and vibrations—everything was real.

Julien rubbed his hair.
He never felt anything like this before, so he didn’t know what to do. He felt clumsy because Sharon was the only person who had ever come close to him.

It wasn’t a bad thing, though.
He was just unused to the embarrassment and the shock to his heart.

Julien went outside, thinking he might feel better if he got some fresh air. But doing so was a mistake. He saw Sharon’s face superimposed over the bright moon.

Once again, Sharon’s red lips stood out to him.

He usually got her to stay for dinner, but he had to see her off early today. The way his eyes kept catching on her lips was embarrassing.

Julien’s face turned redder, and he quickly ran inside. It was as if the moon was stealing his heart.
Julien paced the room for a long time to soothe his fussy mind. A star was floating in his heart—a star named Sharon.

***

I stood next to Carol. Her leg was still hurt, and though Carol said it was fine, I still felt nervous. Also, this eased my guilty conscience for not catching Carol.

Other than the day I met with the prince, I did not leave Carol’s side, even when we were sleeping.

Of course, Carol was excited about my actions.

“Kyaah! Kyah! Are you going to sleep beside me again tonight?“

"Yeah. Move over a bit! Why are you sticking so close?”

I pushed Carol to the other side of the bed. I couldn’t help it. Half of my butt was hanging off the bed!

Carol rolled around, laughing gleefully. Her pink lips and the gray hair that tickled her milky-white face were charming.

“Are you that happy…?”

I was a little disturbed when I saw her kick her feet as she laughed.

Is she an idiot…?

At my question, Carol rolled back to my side.

"Aack! It hurts!”

Then, she wriggled around in the bed. Her feet were caught up in the blanket.

“…Why are you like this. You brat.”

I had nothing more to say.
Seeing her cling to me while whining about the pain, I had no words.

She was truly a brat.

Carol laughed sheepishly as her pain subsided

“Sha, you’ll sleep in my room tomorrow too, right?”