🍁 Chapter 34

My face has been green for two days.

It was because Carol painted it so thoroughly that it still couldn’t be erased.

As I watched the color fade from my face day by day, I felt like I could understand how the bear who became a human by eating garlic felt.[1]

Gradually, my skin color began to look human again.

“Ehehehehehehe."

Carol’s laughing face was red. She had been caught and transformed into Iron Man.

Hoho. It was my handiwork. I didn’t forget to detail the yellow part around her eyes.

“You think it’s funny? Stop laughing.”

I answered sullenly, but I couldn’t prevent my laughter from leaking out, either.

Pffft.

Seeing the pink face that had faded from red, several characters popped up in my mind.

Such as Piglet, or Piglet…

It was a perfect match.

“Ahem. Lady Carol, Lady Sharon? Be quiet. It’s class time right now.”

I swallowed my smile at the strict Madame Judy’s words.

Carol, who would normally doze off in secret, also groaned.

We were studying theology right now. Carol hated it with a passion, and I wasn’t interested in it either. I read theology books because I didn’t have enough to read in the study, but I didn’t believe in a god.

I was Carol and Julien’s living god, Santa, and elf; so, what need was there for gods?

Instead, believe in me!

As I copied the theological texts, I muttered the idol song I used to listen to.

The protagonist tonight is me, it’s me![2]

Or,

How are you leaving the beautiful me behind~ [3]

Something like that.

The middle school and high school kids sang these songs everyday, so I couldn’t not know them.

“Focus.”

My eyes met Madame Judy’s, who like a ghost had caught me. She pushed up her glasses.

Eek. She looked like a ghost.

I was the one in that position before. Madame Judy must be very tired too. Looking over at Carol… She still had to do the rest of the work as well.

"Sharon."

"What.”

I responded to Carol’s whisper.

"Can’t you write mine for me?"

"Nope. And I won’t paint your face red again either."

“…I’ll give you 500 shillings.”

500 shillings was equivalent to 500 wons. I didn’t think I raised this child to be cheap…

“Hmph.”

“Then, 1,000 shillings…?”

What a shame. Her pupils began to tremble ruthlessly as she tried to do the puppy eyes.

“Hey, do I look that cheap?”

"Ladies!!"

However, the one who replied was Madame Judy.