🍁 Chapter 22

I had to lose by a moderate amount.

Children only study when they can feel a sense of accomplishment.

Furthermore, Carol would soon be 15 years old. She would be a lady, not a young miss, and she would bloom like a flower in the social field.

So she was pulling at her reins more these days.

But I refused to let Carol be told that she is not good enough nor made fun of for being ignorant.

In the original, Carol often said dumb things.

For example, she said such nonsense like:

‘What is this? I said to bring fruit alcohol! This is fruit wine!’

Oh, how my head hurt when I read it in the novel… I thought she was brainless.

“Ugh. Sharon! Why’d you hit me!“

"Don’t doze off.”

“Hehe. You noticed?”

Do I look stupid? This puppy.

***

“Why did you wake up so early?” Carol asked, rubbing her eyes.

I patted her head. “Go back to sleep.”

She usually slept like she wouldn’t wake up even if the world collapsed, but today, I woke her up with my twisting and turning.

“U-um… It’s nothing. Let’s sleep together, Sharon.”

I brushed my hand against Carol’s cheeks, who shook her head like a puppy.

“Go to sleep first.”

“What about you?”

I wasn’t in the mood to sleep right now. Yet again, I just woke up from the terrible nightmare in which I killed someone.

It transcended reality to bring me to a blood-soaked scene.

“I should sleep too.”

“Huh? Sharon, are you crying?”

“Me?”

I shook my head.

“It’s because I yawned.”

With a clichéd excuse, I wiped away the tears I shed during my sleep.

“Mm… You’re sleepy too, aren’t you?”

“Yeah. Scooch over. I’ll lie down too.”

I purposely pushed Carol off to the side and lay down. Only then could I breathe again, watching Carol lie down with an easy mind. I pretended to be asleep for a long time until I heard Carol breathing softly.

“I’m scared… Nara Lee. It’s okay. Snap out of it. It’s okay, it’s okay.”

I comforted myself.

"Look at this. Isn’t this okay?”

I buried my head in my knees. Subconsciously, I muttered, “…Nara Lee. I want to see it. Korea… I want to see it. Can’t I go back?”

It was only after Carol, who woke up when she heard me talking to myself, shook me that I snapped back to reality.

“Sharon… Sharon, I’m sleepy… What’s wrong? What do you want to see? Are you going somewhere?”

“Huh? Did I say that? It’s nothing. I must have been sleep talking. Let’s go to bed.”

I hugged Carol tightly and closed my eyes.