Picking Up Micheal

Laura clicked her cell phone to end her call with Michael and decided to go to sleep. She walked into her bedroom and took off her sweat pants and slid under the covers of her queen sized bed only wearing the t-shirt and panties.

Laura tossed and turned for most of the night. She couldn’t get to the deep sleep due to her mind running a mile a minute. She looked up at the digital clock on the table next to her bed and saw it was 4:13am. Since Laura couldn't sleep, she got up and decided to prepare for work.

Laura walked over to her bathroom and turned on the shower. She began to wash her legs and her face. Before Laura was aware, she was washing her privates, and thoughts of Michael entered her mind again. As she found her hand beginning to follow a rhythmic cycle again, she quickly stopped and finished her shower.

After rinsing, she patted dry her legs and pubic hair region. She then placed powder on both before pulling out her electric razor and shaving her legs and private area. Laura reasoned that she was getting ready for the Orlando trip as she continued preparing as if it were a date and not a day of work.

She then waxed areas of her face and used the tweezers on places and made up her hair. Laura then put perfume in places that no one should reach at work.

Laura then applied her makeup. She looked in the mirror and wondered if she should use red lipstick or go for a more natural look. She thought in her mind, what would Michael want? She decided to go for the conservative look.

Laura entered the walk-in closet to find something to wear. She saw that hot jet black mini skirt that she wore to the club last week and thought for a minute about it, but then continued looking. Laura then saw the area of her closet that is meant for work attire. She saw the conservative suits that she normally wears. While flipping through them, she saw the red business suit that Emily had given to her for her birthday. Laura hadn’t worn the suit in a long time and wondered if it would even fit. But she pulled it out. Laura then grabbed one of her conservative gray suits and walked out of the closet. She threw them both on the bed.

Laura debated whether to go with the gray or red suit when a flash of Michael came through her mind. She then remembered the one time she wore that red suit that everyone noticed and told her that she looked smoking hot in it. She didn't think she should look, "smoking hot" at work and so she never wore it again. But that was a year before Michael started working there. Laura then put on the skirt without her underclothes, because the last thing she needed to mess up the hourglass look is a panty line, and then put on the red suit.

Laura used both her hand mirror and the bathroom mirror to see herself from every angle. She always thought her behind sagged a bit too much, and this dress seemed to show that to her. “I need to do about a million power squats before I try to wear this dress” Laura said. She then turned around and saw that the short skirt accentuated her cleanly shaved legs and her full breasts always helped out any ensemble that she put on. So even though she did not like how her backside looked, she smiled at how the curves of her frontside fell into the skirt.

It was now 6:45am and Laura ran to the door.. Micheal’s apartment was only 10 minutes away, so she was not worried about being late. She grabbed her keys and rushed out to her Accura. She started up the car and wondered what to play on the radio. She turned it to Q-102, but then she thought that top 40 might not be what Michael wants to hear. She turned it to 994 The hop, but then she thought he might think she was pandering by playing hip hop. She then turned it to public radio and started driving.

Why am I obsessing over this, I have given him a ride before? Stop it! Laura thought as she drove up to Michael's apartment.

Micheal was standing near the parking spot in front of his apartment. His shirt and slacks looked like they hadn't been ironed as he had on the standard business casual attire.

Laura drove up to Micheal and unlocked the door. Micheal seemed preoccupied as he got in looking out in space.

“You look like you lost a war.” Laura said to Micheal.

“Thanks for giving me this ride.” Micheal said seemingly ignoring Laura’s statement while continuing to stare forward out the window.

“You all right?” Laura asked while putting her hand on Micheal’s arm.

“I will be....” Micheal said while turning to look at Laura. His eyes seemed to blow up as he just noticed Laura's dress. “You look amazing.” Micheal said. “You got a job interview?” Micheal Continued as they both laughed.

Laura began driving out of the parking lot and asked Micheal, “So did you tell Imani about the vacation?”

“Yes, and I really think we need this trip.” Micheal answered in a low tone. “But we have to get this work done today if we are going anywhere.” Micheal continued in an upbeat tone.

“Well let’s get to work and win this trip to Orlando!” Laura said.

“Now that’s what I’m talking bout...But first let’s change this to some music, what do you want to hear?” Micheal asked while changing the radio dial.

“Never Mind, I’m gonna put this thang on "'The Hop'....” Micheal Continued.

They listened to hip hop the rest of the way into the office.