Laura Shopping

Laura decided to do some shopping, she had bought herself an extra 5 hours by pushing her flight off to the last flight out of orlando.

She took all of her things and checked out of the hotel. She thought about Greg. She was enamored with his tough and lean body which was not as muscular as Micheal’s but every bit as attractive to her.

She remembered his handsome face and short very well kept hair. And that facial hair that she always seemed to be attracted to.

She couldn’t help but continue to compare him to Micheal. Micheal was a hot catch no doubt. She wondered if she shouldn’t have ended their tryst so easily and so quickly. She felt a tinge of fear overcome her as she wondered if Micheal might have been the one. Laura then simply put the thought out of her mind. She could hear her mother in her ear now saying something like, “When are you going to settle down and stop playing. You aren’t getting any younger…”

She thought it was true that she wasn’t getting any younger. She couldn’t continue to waste her precious time chasing something that she knew wouldn’t be for the long haul. So she thought.

She began to feel the emotional pounding of that biological clock as she thought about these issues. She wanted to have children, but she never seemed to end up dating the guy that is considerate and attentive, but also exciting and hot.

She thought about Greg and said, well he has got the “hot” thing. But what about the other things she needs.

She began to compare her last relationships. She remembered Burt, the guy who loved her but she had no passion for. He did everything for her as if he were always trying to win her over. She ended that relationship.

She remembered Lester. The hot personal trainer. Sex was great, but Lester was dumb as a doornail. Their conversations bounced between nothing and how high Laura should kick when attempting an important physical exercise.

She thought about her last relationship. And how that one ended because she just got tired of the monotony.

Then she thought again about Micheal. Laura attempted to kick him out of her mind, but she thought about the three years that he had been at Watts Research. How he always went out of his way to treat her like a lady. How he also treated the other women in the office with respect as well. He remembered how he brought flowers to Carol when her mother died. How he never forgot her birthday.

Then she remembered him saying that he had broken up with Imani. As regret began to assault her emotions again, she pushed that feeling out of her mind so that she could think once again about Greg.

Of course she didn’t know much about him, but she began to hypothesize about the possibilities. Who he might be, and what is next for them. And how they are both free to date one another.

Laura thought on all of these things while she was driving around when her phone rang. Laura looked down on the phone and saw a number she didn’t recognize.

“Hello?” Laura said.

“Hello, Laura?” The man on the other end answered. Laura immediately recognized that melodious voice as Greg’s. She had only talked to him that one time, but his voice had was stuck in her mind.

“Yes…” Laura answered with a smile.

“This is Greg Perry, we met this morning at the hotel.”

“Yes, I remember…”

“Listen, I just got out of a meeting much sooner than I thought I would. Do you want to meet and perhaps get an early dinner before my flight out of Orlando? I was thinking about maybe Italian…”

“How about Mexican…” Laura interrupted.

“Anything as long as I get to know you better.” Greg answered. “How about we meet in about an hour at the Mexican place next to the airport.”

Laura couldn’t contain her enthusiasm as she agreed, “See you there.” She said.

She hung up the phone with a huge smile on her face. When the phone rang again. She looked at the phone and saw it was Micheal. She picked it up.

“Hello Micheal” Laura said in a professional tone.

“Hey Laura, I am out here at the airport and didn’t see you. I was just calling to make sure that you were alright and didn’t need help or anything.”

“Thanks for your concern, but I put off my flight until the last flight.”

“OK, but I do think we need to talk…”

“I will see you back in Nashville tomorrow morning for our busy day of work.” Laura interrupted while emphasizing the word “work.”

“Bye Laura.” Micheal said with sounded like was through gritted teeth.

“Bye Micheal.” Laura hung up and began to think about her early dinner date with Greg Perry.