Laura's Mistake

Laura and Micheal drove over to the Applied Research facility. “Wow, now that is impressive.” Micheal said while looking at three-four story silver buildings with a big Applied Research sign in the front. “It sure beats our little small sign on the sixth floor. This is the big time.” Micheal continued.

“Bigger buildings mean smaller paychecks. Don’t forget that I gave my first class ticket to Tina. The grass ain’t always greener.” Laura said.

“So which building are we going to?”

“The one over there.” Laura said while pointing to a small building behind the three big ones.

Micheal drove the car over to the building and they both took their briefcases and walked over to the building.

This building was only one floor and looked like it had a number of conference rooms. Tina met them at the door.

“Mr. Leon and Ms. Beach,” we have been working in the office 1203.

“Hello Ms. Simpson.” Micheal said and Laura looked angrily over at her.

Tina grabbed Micheal’s hand and shook it. Tina said, “I think before we go any further we should have a conversation.”

“A conversation?” Laura asked.

“I think we need to clear the air.” Tina continued.

“The air looks clear enough to me.” Laura said.

Micheal laughed and said, “OK what do you want to say?”

“Please follow me.” Tina led the two down a corridor. “This is my office when I am in Orlando.” She led them in.

They went into the office and Tina walked and shut the door. Then she said, “Now let’s get real, my project officers are telling me that we have delivered all we should have delivered. The mistake is obviously on your end.”

“Well Micheal and I…” Laura said.

“Micheal?…oh you mean Mr. Leon.”

“…Micheal and I have worked through the numbers are we know the problem is on your end.” Laura gave Tina a fake grin.

“I should let you know that your ah relationship will no doubt come up when I give my final report to my supervisor.” Tina said.

“Well, I think your supervisor might be interested in your actions on the airplane.” Laura threatened.

“And what actions did you see?”

“Your cursing me out when I wanted to get my luggage.” Laura said.

“I don’t seem to recall that.” Tina said with a smirk.

“And what makes you think that Laura and I have a relationship?” Micheal asked

Tina ignored the question and asked, “You brothers are all the same, you get a few dollars and then you look past the strong beautiful Nubian queens. I don’t know why I still try.”

Laura rolled her eyes.

Micheal said, “We don’t have proof of your disrespectful actions on the plane and you don’t have proof of that which you think you saw…”

“Think I saw, you taunted me by kissing this Bit…” Tina caught herself and then said, “…woman.”

“I know you didn’t call me a bitch.” Laura said.

“There you go again, seeing what I haven’t said.” Tina said. “In any case, I will show your owner that you messed up this project. I will raise the bill on your little company. And then I will laugh as your little company dies.”