Laura's Packing

Micheal looked at Laura who was still looking forward. Micheal sat there for a few seconds and Laura said, “Bye…you have some packing to do if you are gonna make your flight.”

Micheal allowed a confused and disappointed smile to cross his face. He jumped out of her car and said, “I will see you.”

“Please shut the door.”

Micheal shut the door and Laura sped off. Laura was angry about the situation at the office, but she also was wondering why she was so angry. She thought that Micheal had a girlfriend, and she knew it. Yes they may have had a fight, but that is no reason to jump in the sack with him.

She turned on the radio and quickly changed the channel from the radio station that Micheal had turned on. She turned it to the top 40 station while trying to forget about Micheal. Of course it was a fruitless battle. She attempted to think about the work that had to be done, and couldn’t. She tried to think about everything else, but all she could think about was what was about to happen when Imani called.

After ten minutes, Laura was home and quickly putting things together for a time in Orlando. The first thing she did was take off that sexy business outfit that she put on that morning. She changed into a functional slack suit. She wasn’t sure how to pack for Orlando, but she figured that she would probably have to go to a few meetings. She packed 2 business suits and then she quickly chose five outfits. She looked at her undergarments and looked pass the more racy garments to and took her most functional things. She put her makeup bag into her carry on.

Then she had about two hours before she needed to get to the airport. She knew she was angry for normally it would have taken a lot longer than that to pack. She also did not fully take into account that she would be on vacation for a week after the work was done.

She sat and turned on the tv, but her stomach was churning. She decided that she would call Emily, her best friend, to let her know what was going on and what she was planning to do.

She called Emily, “Hey Em…”

“Hey Laura, I only have a few minutes, you know I’m at work?”

“Em, I ah…”

“Ahhh something’s up, it’s Micheal isn’t it? I think I want to hear this.” Emily sounded like she was getting up. “Go on and tell me what’s going on.” Emily continued.

Laura started to break up as a bunch of emotions mixed together to attack her. And then she started blurting out, “He were in the elevator, and we were…and then we went into the office and then…and Micheal came to me and Imani called.”

“Hold on, are you going to talk in complete sentences or am I going to have to get a translator?”

“We were just about to do it in the office and his girlfriend called.”

Emily laughed, “Is that all this is about? You do realize that you are about to have a week long vacation with this man don’t you?”

A devious smile began to cross Laura’s face as she stood there thinking.

“And if he were on such great terms with his girlfriend why would he be in the office playing intimate games with you.” Emily continued.

Laura stood there almost shocked. Her anger stopped her from seeing what she Emily had now made clear.

“Laura…Laura…Are you still there?” Emily said.

“You always know exactly what I need to hear.”

“So stop being mad. This is still just about fucking isn’t it?”

“Of course. What would make you say that?”

“Just asking, you are all upset like you lost your puppy or something.”

“No…no…”Laura absentmindedly said as she began searching through her lingerie drawer for some bedtime attire. She pulled out a red chemise and her garter belt and stockings and a few other pieces.

“You aren’t even listening to me Laura.”

“No I am” Laura answered as she then went back into the closet to find a few more business suits that showed a bit more leg than the ones she had earlier packed.

“Whatever Laura, You better close this deal or don’t be surprised if I have to show up and show you how it is done.”

Laura continued to only be half way in the conversation. Laura said, “OK, I need to finish packing, I gotta go.”

“You better tell me what’s going on.”

“You know I will.”

Laura hung up the phone. She smiled as she put the last few things in her luggage. She then ate a quick meal and drove off to the airport.