Boarding The Flight

Laura got to the airport terminal at about an hour before takeoff. All the way through the concourse and to her gate she was looking for Micheal, but did not see him.

She walked over and sat down to wait for boarding and began reading a romance novel.

A few minutes after she sat there she heard Micheal behind her, “How many shades of gray are you up to now?” Micheal chuckled.

Laura grabbed him and pulled him over to the seat next to her while saying, “Will you be quiet, this is not 50 shades of gray.”

“At least you are laughing, the last time I saw you you looked like you wanted to cut my head off.” Micheal said.

“Do you really want to talk about what happened the last time we saw each other?” Laura asked.

“Good point.” Micheal said with a sly grin.

“So I have to know, what is it about you and Imani? Are you together or not together. I am a bit confused.”

“Something in the middle. We were about to take our relationship to the next level, but we have some issues. But really how bout you, a very attractive woman like you certainly has many options.”

“Well, too many of you men don’t know what you want. You want me to guess what you want and then give it to you.”

Micheal Laughed and said, “Well nobody ever told me I don’t know what I want.”

Laura straightened up and mock cleared her throat and asked, “Micheal Leon, what do you want?”

“I want a partner. I want someone who will not roll over, but also won’t fight just to fight. Someone who knows when I need support and won’t hold it against me. I want a someone on my team, because when I am on your team, I will fight to the death for you.”

Laura said, “There has got to be something you aren’t telling me because I can’t see any woman not wanting that. Are you sure you aren’t leaving something out, like a deranged baby momma or some bad credit.” She wished that she hadn’t said it as it slipped out of her mouth.

Micheal began talking in a stereotypical hood voice, “Yah no what I mean, I slaps my Bitches whens they gets out of line. I knows you weak women like it like that.”

Laura looked shocked.

“I never thought you were weak and easily controllable like the stereotype and yet you come at me with this garbage? I guess I don’t really know you.”

Laura’s face weakened as she attempted to salvage the discussion, “Well I do know from personal experience that you are loyal and I am glad you are on my team.” Laura said while touching his arm.

She looked in his brown eyes and Micheal looked at her and smiled. “I know, I know…and by the way, no there is no baby momma drama and I bet my credit is better than yours.” They both laughed.

“Alrighty then” Laura said.

“We are boarding Flight 849, nonstop from Nashville to Orlando Florida. We will be boarding first class customers first.” The intercom boomed.

“That is me.” Laura said.

“The perks of being a Senior Research Manager. I will see you when we land.” Micheal said.

Laura smiled and said, “bye.” She walked up to the ticket agent and boarded the plane.

Laura walked up to her seat and sat down. She smiled but she couldn’t understand what was happening to her. She thought about working with Micheal to find the problem that Applied Research had introduced into. She smiled as she remembered the way Micheal walked and talked. Laura thought about when Micheal protected her from the rain.

But her thoughts always came back to those minutes in the elevator and then the office. She longed for Micheal’s touch and really was wondering what would happen in Orlando after they fixed Dr. Steven’s model.

The airplane took off on time and they would have a short two hour flight. The pilot took off the stay in seat light and said that people could walk around the cabin. Laura got up and walked back to the business class customers and found Micheal. Micheal’s was holding a conversation with the attractive woman who was sitting next to him. Laura walked over to them.

“You know Micheal, I think we need to talk about Dr. Steven’s numbers, we probably shouldn’t wait until we get to our hotel. We really need to get some work done.” Laura interrupted the conversation. “So miss, would you mind changing seats with me, I am in first class.”

Micheal looked a bit confused and the attractive woman looked torn.

“I don’t know, I am really enjoying the conversation.” The woman said.

“It is first class.” Laura said.

“Well Micheal, I hate to go, but give me a call when you get in, I already gave you my cell phone number.” The woman said to Micheal As she walked up to first class.

“OK, Tina.” Micheal Said.

“We are five minutes in the air and you already have her phone number.” Laura said to Micheal as she sat down.

“If I didn’t know any better, it seems like you are jealous.” Micheal said. “OK, What work has to be done in the air that you interrupted my conversation for?”

Laura rolled her eyes and said, “I’ll be back with the papers. Don’t give away my seat while I am gone.”

“You mean don’t give away Tina’s seat.” Micheal laughed as Laura walked to go retrieve her carry-on from first class.