Driving To Micheal

Laura sat at her office and pulled our her credit card. She found flight when she pulled up Flight 4843 on Sunny Airlines which was a flight from Orlando into Nashville. That flight was leaving as she sat there.

She found Micheal’s flight from Atlanta into Orlando that was to land at 10pm. It was Sunny Airlines Flight 7849. She wrote that down on a pad so she could know what to look for.

She then tried to find a flight from Nashville into Orlando anytime before 10pm. There were only 2 and they were both fully booked. The website said that she could call for any late cancellations.

Laura called the airline. “May I help you.” The ticket agent said.

“Hello, I need to get on a flight to Orlando Florida.”

The lady began punching some keys and then she asked, “Ok, you want to arrive in Orlando florida, from where are you departing?”

“Nashville, Tennessee.”

“Ahh, music city.” The woman said making chit chat as she typed. Then the woman asked, “When do you plan on arriving in Orlando?”

“By 10:00PM tonight.”

“OK, let me see what we have.” The woman began typing again. “Oh, I’m sorry, both the flights are already double booked and we have a waiting list on both of those flights.”

Laura began getting frantic. “I have to get there, the man that I love is flying in and I don’t need him to walk out of my life…” She kept talking, “I messed up, but I have to make it right, I just have to get into Orlando by 10pm.” Laura stopped and began wimpering softly.

“Hmmm…let’s see what we can do.” The woman said.

“Can you drive to Chattanooga?” If you can get to Chattanooga, I can route you to Orlando by 9:55pm.”

Laura smiled and asked, “When does it leave?”

“In an hour and a half, can you get there on time?”

Laura’s voice dropped, “there is no way I can get there on time.”

The woman said, that is our only flight.

Laura then said, “OK, thank you. She was about to hang up.”

Then the ticket agent asked, “what Flight is he on?

Laura answered, “He will be on Flight 4838. Flying out of Atlanta.”

The woman punched into the computer. “His flight leaves at 8:30pm and lands at 10pm. Can you get to Atlanta airport by 7:30? Then you can meet him there.”

Laura smiled and said, “If I leave right now.” She couldn’t go home and she couldn’t do anything else, but if she left right then, she could make it.

“YES,” Laura yelled.

The ticket agent laughed and said, “I hope that we have been helpful to you, please…skip it…just GO GET YOUR MAN!”

Laura picked up her purse and started running towards the door. While running she thanked the ticket agent and hung up. Laura stopped at the front desk for a moment and said to Carol, “I have to meet Micheal at Atlanta airport…I gotta catch Micheal, tell Dr. Stevens…”

Carol interrupted Laura and screamed, “Go…Go…I’ll tell him.”