Chapter 6: Reborn

Mikasa's POV

"Eren wake up! It's time for school!" I nudged him but he only groaned completely unbothered if we'll arrive late in school.

"Uhhh..What time is it?" He asks as I went by his window to open the curtains.

"It's 6:30" I said and he immediately sat up.

"What the? We'll that's okay. Not that I care." He laid down once again and I sighed.

I threw a pillow on his face the one he probably kicked from his bed while he was sleeping and he hissed.

His room is so messy as usual. I would sometimes clean his room whenever I am alone in the house. He is so messy but he doesn't want his things to be changed or touched. No wonder his mom Carla kept on scolding him.

"Oww! What's that for?" He asks irritable and I laughed.

"Don't care huh? I don't want to be late and get scolded by Grisha now get up!" I commanded him but he still hasn't move.

"Come on Eren." I rolled my eyes. He still didn't change for being a sleepy head.

I closed the door behind me slightly slamming and just prepared myself for school.

We are now by the 2nd year in high school. The Jaeger family took me like their own daughter after that incident and my life was like brand new. I felt like I was reborn in another life. Everything changed ever since my mom and dad died that day.

The case was dismissed. The murderers were dead and the real culprit was nowhere to be found. I no longer call Dr. Jaeger by his last name but now Grisha and Carla. They are now my second parents.

I have already met Armin. He was a blond sweet boy slightly smaller than Eren and is very intelligent. The three of us always play together back in the days to keep me entertained.

Eren was the usual. He is still playful. I am just happy that I got to be this closer to him now.

That day. I never stopped wearing the red scarf he gave me. His smell lingers on my neck everywhere I go.

"Good morning Carla." I smiled at Eren's mom and she did the same.

"Mikasa dear. Can you help me with these?" She asks and I gladly accepted.

"Of course."

I helped her prepare for breakfast and Eren's dad came in.

"Good morning." I greeted and he smiled.

"Good morning Mikasa. I heard it's almost your card day." Grisha took a seat at the corner of the glass table and I nodded.

"And I expect you have nice grades hmm. How about Eren. How is he doing?" He sips from his coffee.

"Eren is doing well except that he still usually sleeps in class." I smiled. I don't know how they will react but I'm sure they are aware of Eren's behavior.

"Ah this son of yours Grisha really. Eren had grown into a naughty boy. I am not surprised after all." Carla scoffs as she reached for the water.

I settled down on my seat still waiting for Eren to come down. Where is that idiot? What's taking him so long it's almost time to go.

"Hmm I used to sleep in class during my younger years but I was a genius so my grades were still unaffected." Grisha laughed and I smiled.

"And yeah.. The teacher have called your name twice and you didn't wake up so he slammed your desk?" Carla laughs as he covered his mouth.

"Eren has inherited that Mr. Grisha." I smiled as I slowly dig in.

We're already in the middle of the year and exams are about to kick in anytime again. I have to make sure I won't disappoint them.