Chapter 63: Elders

Mikasa's POV

Eren seems to be busy in his office these past few days. He usually goes to the company as well while I am in the house just sitting in front of my laptop and monitor the companies performance.

"Hmmm..I think everything is going well. As expected of Kiyomi." I spoke softly.

I paused for a while and looked over the window.

Should I go visit Eren in his company? I should just ask the someone to drive me then we'll eat outside. That would be great seeing how stressed he is currently. He needs to ease up a bit. I smiled as I thought.

"Good morning Auntie Lydia." I greeted as I saw Eren's aunt wearing an all black formal attire. She must be going somewhere too.

"Oh Dear Mikasa! You look stunning as ever. Are you going somewhere?" She asked as she kissed my cheeks and I did the same way.

"Yes Auntie. I'm actually heading to where Eren is working." I spoke smiling.

"Perfect timing! I was about to meet my client as well in the same way. I could drop you to the company if you want." She spoke.

"I would love too. Thank you Auntie!" I smiled.

I'm really thankful that they didn't hate me even if me and Eren ended up together. I know they uphold to their reputation so much. They must also be affected to his decisions and I can't do anything about it. It's already done.

The engine started as soon as we both are seated comfortably at the passenger seat.

"Mikasa. I just want you to know that I'm still not fully convinced why you two rushed into marriage." Auntie Lydia started and I went silent.

The driver seems to be so focused on the road but I know he is listening as well. But as per servants, they are not allowed to join conversations and must keep their mouth shut.

"Auntie I'm really sorry.." I spoke. I know what she meant far more is because we, supposed to be siblings ended up marrying each other.

"I'm not talking about that Mikasa. I'm talking about you. Are you really sure about Eren?" She asked and I went silent.

Am I really sure? That is something I wouldn't ask myself. It's always him.

But the situation we were before, we were just forced into marriage. I kind of regretted I didn't seem so happy on that day to be with him when I only want in this world is for the two of us to be happy together.

"Couples? Even in marriage, after swearing in front of everyone till death do us part still get divorced. There could still be third parties. The world is a huge market, you may get robbed, you have to fight." She spoke as she looks over he window.

"I don't think Eren can do that to me Auntie. Time has proved his loyalty towards me." I spoke. That was true.

"They say love is the most twisted curse. You could never unloved someone once you devoted your heart already. Are you willing to get drown for Eren, Mikasa?" She asked already looking at me.

I don't know what to react. I didn't know Auntie Lydia could be this deep. Is that the reason why she never had a love of her life?

"Auntie Lydia. Have you ever loved someone?" I spoke blankly. I didn't know what I was thinking but she seemed startled with my question and smiled eventually.

"Of course. But I guess not everyone deserved a happy ending." She smiled.

"I do think everyone deserves a happy ending. If it's not happy then it's not yet the end right?" I asked.