Chapter 56: What If

Mikasa's POV

"No, baby. Don't say that." Eren said as he hugged me and repeatedly kissed my head.

"Shhh. I would never feel bad about you. Why would I? I love you." He said and I closed my eyes hugging him back. I can feel him exhaling while he hugs me tight towards him.

This one of the things I really feared. The day someone will humiliate us in public. I never thought this day will come despite the two of us already married. 

In the eyes of everyone who met us and thought of us as siblings, it will always be incest.

"Why does she have to say it out loud." I said as I wiped my own tears and Eren helped me. His eyes are filled with concern all over me. I know he is also feeling the same way and I want him to know that I am here for him.

"Do you want to eat something nice?" He asked as soon as I calmed down.

"I have to find a gift for Carla first." I spoke pouting at how ruined my day can get.

"No, we'll eat first okay. Let's have it later." He said as he pulled me towards a café.

Eren ordered some vanilla cake and tea for me and did the same for him. He paid for it insisting I should follow him as my husband or he will cite the terms again in front of me.

"Feel better now?" He asked as I finished my cake.

"Thank you. I'm better." I said and I stood up to where I was seated and hugged him.

"Thank you baby." I spoke and he didn't move.

"You're welcome my princess." He spoke softly and I swear the butterflies in my stomach intensified.

"Babe, can I drop you at the shop you want to buy? I'll just make some calls." He said and I nodded.

"No problem. I'll just wait here." I said smiling at him.

Thank you, Eren. I feel better now thanks to you.

He kissed my head and went away slowly as I faced the bags in front of me.

"Hmmm.." I hummed as I scanned for the bags. They all are beautiful.

The biggest flex for being rich is not to look for the prices anymore. You could just even buy the whole mall if you want. Somehow, it made my life really easier considering we are not much before.

"How can I help you miss? Are you looking for a gift?" The sales lady went to me.

"Yes please. What's your latest most expensive product?" I asked the sales lady and she guided me to a particular area.

"Here Ma'am. This is Mouawad 1001 Nights Diamond Purse." She said as she handed me the bag.

"I'm getting this bag please." I said and she nodded then went to the counter.

I was looking at the cashier when someone cleared his throat at my back. I looked back to see who it is and saw Eren carrying two bouquets on each of his hand. One are roses and the other one are white chocolates.

"Eren.." I spoke softly as he went closer towards me.

"I just know my wife needs some of her favorites." He chuckled as he handed me the bouquet of white chocolates. I think I'm flashing the widest grin right now as I received the gift from his hand while hitting him lightly. I could feel my cheeks heating up because of this.

"Thank you. This is so pretty." I said as I hugged the bouquet towards me.

"This one is for mom. My two queens deserve the best." He said as he winked at me and I laughed.