Chapter 68: Puppet

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Sorry for being inactive for a while. I just finished my semester and I am trying to gain some sleep while traveling a little. Will post updates and hopefully finish the story tomorrow. Stay safe everyone! Reminder to touch some grass to keep your sanity in check. 😉♡♡♡

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Mikasa's POV

I turned to Eren's side but it felt cold. I groaned and slowly opened my eyes and found he wasn't there.

I slowly sat up feeling tired and sore but I managed to walk slowly.

"Eren? Are you in the bathroom?" I called.

"Erennn?" I called but still got no answer.

His clothes last night were gone and his shoes too from where he left it. He's probably outside with everyone or maybe he is in his office. What an early bird?

I took a bath and changed my clothes and finally went out of our room.

"Good morning everyone." I spoke softly as I gave each one of them a hug.

"Good morning dear, did you sleep well?" Carla asked and I nodded smiling.

"By the way, where is Eren?" I asked and everyone looked confused at me.

"Didn't you two slept together? I didn't see him yet." Auntie Lydia said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Maybe he is in his office. I will just call him first. Excuse me. " I spoke as I excused myself from everyone having their tea.

I called him on his phone and it's ringing but no one is answering. Maybe he's too busy today. Should I just bring him food instead? Maybe later. I should see him first.

I knocked three times before I opened the door but I heard no voice. I slowly opened the huge door in front of me and went in.

"Eren?" I called but no one was there.

The office was empty. It looked untouched.

I furrowed my eyebrows. Where is Eren? He's not in the bathroom. There's no way he could be anywhere else in this huge mansion.

"Help me find your young master. Right now!" I commanded the maid and she hurriedly went back to tell everyone what I wanted them to do.

Cold sweat started to creep into my skin as I scanned the maze garden in front of me but I couldn't find him there either. Everyone was alarmed as well since they didn't see him and the young ones, even Hange just woke up not knowing anything either. They called his phone and tried to search for him anywhere but he couldn't be found.

I checked every room slowly, it's getting tiring but I can't give up. Where could Eren be?

"Mikasa.." I heard Carla behind me as I opened the last door at the top floor.

"Carla, do you know where he went?" I spoke slowly.

I am getting emotional each seconds pass by. There's no way Eren will go somewhere without me knowing but what is this? I think he is not here.

"Mikasa..I'm sorry.." Carla spoke slowly as she started crying and I saw Grisha coming towards us.

"Mom, where is Eren?" I am freezing to the way she cries. Please, don't give me this anxiety Carla.

"I swear I tried to stop him from going out earlier. I saw him come down from the stairs with a briefcase.." She slowly went to me and reached for my hand.

"He said he's going to get Zeke back. He didn't bring anyone, he was the one driving. He commanded the guards to stop Grisha from following him." Her voice broke on the last part and I felt numb.