Chapter 10: Rivals

Mikasa's POV

"Hey! You were the guy who is hitting on my sister right?"

I was startled at how Eren approached the guy as soon as we arrived at the cafeteria for lunch. His hands were on his pockets staring down at the guy.

The way he called me sister doesn't sit right with me. He never called me that before, not for once.

I felt something dropped inside of me.

"Uhh..N-No..I was just asking for help.." Furlan smiles as he protested dropping his spoon of food.

"Eren.." I tried to grab his shoulder to let it go.

"Man! Let's just eat." Armin says as the others were already headed to an empty table.

"Let's get straight to the point. I don't like you and I don't want you close to her so stay away." He says bluntly and moves to where everyone is.

I flashed an apologetic look at a shocked Furlan and went to follow Eren.

The afternoon arrived and we went on practicing all over again. I went to the drinking fountain to drink some water near the field and saw my friends and Eren and a familiar guy?

Wait? Furlan is part of the varsity?

I started to get worried. I know Eren has temper as he was slightly spoiled by Carla. That's the reason he usually gets into trouble in middle school. He always gets what he wants. How will he deal with this?

I saw our group of friends talking to him and he was nodding and talking too. I sighed.

I hope everything will just go well now that they are on the same team.

"Well well well if it isn't the famous Mikasa Ackerman." I heard a voice of a girl at my back and heard a few claps.

This girl is being fake.

"How did you know me?" I ask as I stares at the girl standing in front of me.

"Oh you are pretty popular from the coaches." She giggled and then raised her eyebrows.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Isabel Magnolia, the cheer captain of the 4th year and I have been the head cheerleader for last 3 years to represent our school." She says and giggled as my expression went shock.

So she is the famous cheerleader in this school? And why is she talking to me?

"Nice meeting you Isabel. I think you already know my name." I said and I handed my hands before her.

"Oh! Let's postpone the shake hands till the competition when your team gets lost." She grinned at me and I raised my eyebrow.

Is she belittling the sophomores? The last year's cheer captain when I was still a freshman cried when we got defeated.

"You never know who will win." I said blankly as I prepared myself to leave.

I don't want to be disrespectful to anyone but I don't like her.

"We aren't done talking yet.. Where are you going?" She says as she blocks her arms in front of me.

I glared at her. This girl have gotten into my nerves.

"Move." I said.

"By the way, I like your brother. He's hot so I'm looking forward to cheer for him once we destroy your team and maybe we can date right after? Isn't that nice?!" She giggles and I tried so hard not to push her.

"You are not Eren's type. Excuse me." I put his arm abruptly towards her and she looked shock.

"Looking forward to defeating you Mikasa. I can't wait!" She laughs wickedly and I never looked back.